VA is nutso

K,I’ve been totally disabled w/VA and SSA since 2001. Few months back, and cause I accepted a payoff from LTD insurance that was reported on w2 instead of 1099, the VA suddenly thinks I been working, and for past 2 months cut my pay nearly 1300/mo. Absurd. Stupid. I’m soooo angry. Am working with American Legion rep, but how dare my country pull this. I upheld my end of contract, got injured in line of duty, and now, after paying me correctly for 10 years,they change terms? F that and F them. Ill get back wat I earned.

But, fellow citizens, be aware, the VA is not abiding by their own rules or those of the Armed Service Branches.

If we weren’t able to sustain this using saving for a bit, the ahole VA could be taking food from our table.

There, you’ve been advised, the VA has no honor

6 Likes

Sorry to hear of your situation, hope it gets resolved. I’m not in a bad way, but my family, who know nothing of the military, kept advising me to go to VA, I always hesitated and still won’t communicate with them for any reason. You obviously have good reason to seek their assistance. May you recoup what you’re owed!

2 Likes

I am sorry about the situation you are going through and I will pray that God return everything the enemy has stolen from you.

2 Likes

I refused to go to the VA ever since I ETSed. fear, pride and deep rooted anger for the crap that happened to me. My poor wife endured my craziness for 23 years until the straw broke the camel’s back. I snapped at my boss, a nurse and several other people in a severe inappropriate way. I was force to go to the VA after the nurse situation. Hell, I was call into the VZp of Student Affairs twice. The first time I went I enrolled for health care. Shortly after I was called into my first appointment and the nurses and doctor asked me several intrusive personal question which I buried publicly. They sent me to a PhD Psycologist who the went through a drawn out series of even more intrusive questions. Afterwards she said I was suffering from chronic PTSD from unknown source.

Later I went in to file a claim through the VA rep. He even told me he doesn’t represent me but rather the VA. 3 months later they gave me a denial because of lack of evidence. So I went to the DAV rep across the hall in the same office. He explained in detail what was happening and told me how to get evidence. I did exactly as instructed and was approved 100%. A year later in my serious anxiety state of mind I submitted application for T$P IU and was approved.

I bit my pride and told myself I had to do it for my family. I am too afraid to get paid to do anything because I know the VA plays these terrible games. I hope justice reigns in your case.

3 Likes

I am 100% as well. I think we are allowed to make some money, but not much. Like you, I would not think of doing it. I don’t trust them.

3 Likes

Thx very much. I really appreciate prayer.

Still no decision on my appeal for wat they unjustly took.
So, while I’m so angry at them, I’m working on a claim to increase the percentage on my PTSD.

Oh, and as far as trusting the VA…nope never

Thx for the nice replies ya all

1 Like