Uscca/Gracie jiu jitsu training

Has anyone been watching the uscca self defense videos being put out on YouTube? Not to offend anyone, but uscca needs to do better than that. I think Uscca is missing a huge training and cross marketing opportunity . What if instead of very generic videos that would never be enough instruction to help anyone, They teamed up with the Gracie jiu jitsu academy? They have top notch instruction that will actually be of use. They have a set of classes geared for law enforcement called GST, that is a game changer for Leo’s. I’m sure they could adapt something in cooperation with uscca geared toward civilian ccw holders. It would be a match made in heaven and the marketing opportunities would be astounding for both parties while providing actual training that will save lives! Please, TimSchmidt, reach out to Renner (pronounced Henner) Gracie in Torrence Ca. And see if you could come together on a project!

2 Likes

I’ve watched some of those videos. To be honest, when I was still working in LE, I was engaged in training with a local Krav Maga Instructor. There are so many different disciplines out there for us to consider. And while I prefer Krav for myself personally, videos alone just aren’t going to teach a person enough to become proficient.

Stay safe out there.

4 Likes

I agree about videos not being enough alone. I’d love to see some actual live classes being offered through uscca/gracie academy as well as some video material as supplemental education.

4 Likes

The challenge is, what is the right Martial Art for Joe Sixpack. In 3 or 5 of 10 lessons, what can Jane Jones learn that will be of any use to them on the street. I am trained and proficient in a few MA’s, to me, for this purpose Krav is probably the way to go. It’s viscous, it’s hit and get, it’s practical. BJJ is fine but I can tell you, you don’t really want to go to the ground and try to arm bar an attacker on the street.

6 Likes

I would too. Anything is better than nothing at all. I admit that after retirement, my Krav practice has been replaced by golf practice.

Stay safe.

4 Likes