Transporting Rifles Across Various States Lines

This is my first time in 2020 carrying my rifles from Colorado to my second residence in Houston, TX. Usually 2 AR-15’s and my AR-10 .308. Both pistols on us and 2 backs. I’ve traveled this many times in the past Houston-Denver Subs before moving here permanmently never had any issues but with everything going on in 2020 I had to take my thought process to USCCA CommUNITY to pick anyone’s brain…

Thanks in advance USCCA CommUNITY!!!

1 Like

Try out the USCCA CC map in your dashboard.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/co-gun-laws/

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/tx-gun-laws/

4 Likes

Ah forgot USCCA had these available. Now the challenge is reading the jargon written laws…

Appreciate the feedback. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@rwsisson In general interstate transportation is driven by Federal law, which essentially states keep the guns in cases out of the people compartment and separate from the ammo. If you don’t have secure separate storage (ie: pickup truck) then the ammo and guns need to be separated and not easily accessible. Other than that you only have to worry about transiting locations that specifically ban your particular rifle but there is prior litigation that would support the “transport through” but it will cost you legal fees and such if you get hemmed up.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Great advice though indeed typically nothing has really changed but the pandemic of banning ArmaLife Rifles’ ban and/or particular rifles with the platform the Feds and Local Government hate more we hated 3rd Grade Science Class and such. Of course Ammo cans are the best way to make LEO’s happy. I’ve been asked locally by couple LEO’s, responded with rifle carrying case with medal ammo cans. They never wanted to see anything. Straight answers were good enough. I think he noticed USCCA bumper sticker I ROCK proudly… I have safe’s in each of my vehicles I can transport them with locks. I’ve always transported my rifles separately for recreational use only until my destination is reached. Always good to know and listen someone else’s prospective as a refresher. Appreciate the normal feedback trying to comprehend the Babylonian jargon nonsense almost the same of solving OAT Physics Equations…

1 Like

I agree. Plan your stops, if any, in states where the laws are good for you. Otherwise, transport withing federal law guidelines and you should be OK.

1 Like

Definitely… Another great idea also… Never thought about this. Awesome Mike! #ElectronicFistBump

THANK YOU! NOT!!! I just had a flashback and have spent the last 20 minutes convulsing in the corner. :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :pleading_face: :upside_down_face:

Thrust, Rotation, Linear Vector … I need a drink.

Cheers,

Crai6