Successful defense but sad consequence

I live in Northern California and saw this article yesterday. The incident happened back in July but they decided to talk about it with the Chico news station. It’s tragic when some worthless criminal randomly enters a family’s world and changes it forever. Here is a link to the article, there is surveillance video of the bad guy. It happened in Oroville, CA

Anyone aware of any programs or groups that could help this family?

https://www.actionnewsnow.com/content/news/Oroville-mom--562083271.html

I wish this story was more clear. Did the wife shoot the perp and her husband who was being used as a human shield or did the perp shoot her husband?

1 Like

just read it. she shot her husband twice. he survived.

2 Likes

Wow. What a horrible incident showing that, at times, the innocent will be injured to stop a greater evil. It would be nice to say a well placed shot to the head of the assailant would have ended this but even the best would have trouble making that shot in the heat of the moment.

4 Likes

The state of California and most CA counties have victim’s assistance programs, and there is both state and federal disability. I’m not aware of any gun self-defense programs that would help though. Folks often do GoFundMe things though.

Welcome to the group @John249

3 Likes

Thanks Zee.

Forgot about disability, he should be able to get that at least. I’ll check on state programs for victims.

MikeBKY, agree with the well placed shot. It would have made for a much happier outcome. It just underscores the need for practice. This situation also exposes how terrible our justice system is, this guy should not have been out on the street.

1 Like

From the comments in the article:

"Here is the Go Fund Me, thank you all! Your support means the world to them!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/we-stand-with-the-sidebottoms… "

1 Like

Thank you for the link @Gary_H - I donated.

Well I just figured out how you guys are putting this @ names in your posts, I’m dangerous now!

@Gary_H thanks for spotting that gofundme and posting it here. I didn’t see the link in the article, maybe because it wants me to join FB to go further and I won’t be doing that.

@Zee super good of you to donate, I’ll be donating as well. I don’t know the victims personally but I’m sure they appreciate the help.

2 Likes

@John249 it’s a learning process for all of us on a daily basis.

2 Likes