Springfield xd .40 slide question to 9mm optics slide

I have a springfield xd .40 . I was looking at the optics slide but says you have to convert it to a 9mm and they sell the set up with slide, optic cutouts, 9mm barrel and spring

Do i have to convert it or can i just put the slide on ?

Thanks for any info .

Not a XD expert but Generally, I hesitate to mess around with cross breeding calibers on firearms.

1 Like

I agree with @Mike164 I’d be leery of converting firearm calibers unless the firearm was designed for conversions or the manufacturer said the conversion was OK.

I have heard of people successfully swapping special made 9mm conversion barrels into Glock .40 cal slides. I don’t think the conversion works in the opposite direction though since the opening in the 9mm slide is likely too small for the .40 cal barrel.

3 Likes

Yeah i just want the slide. And keep my .40 cal. Heres a pic of the slide with and the description

1 Like

Pretty sure that won’t work properly with your .40 cal barrel.

If you can’t find a .40 cal slide with mount option I believe there are companies out there that can machine your current slide to allow for red dot mounting. Just find a good company with a proven track record before you allow someone to make modifications. Especially if this is your self defense pistol.

2 Likes

Keep it simple. Buy a new gun. Two are 2X as good as one.

7 Likes

The Springfield XD .40 cal is my daily carry. I love this gun so much I wanted to accessorize it, but it would take more money than the gun cost, and the company that made it isn’t doing the work. I’m getting another.40 that is built for the extra equipment.

5 Likes

People tell me all the time not to get a .40 because the recoil is too harsh, BUT, tell me if I do to get a Sig.
I’ve owned a 10, .40 can’t be a h-bomb. :rofl:

4 Likes

I have other .40’s, and the Springfield is the smoothest. I love them all. My Smith and Wesson kicks the hardest, and it’s fun to shoot also😆.

4 Likes

weren’t you lookin for a sig 40? Ued but???

https://aimsurplus.com/products/leo-trade-in-sig-sauer-p226r-40sw-handgun-w-12rd-magazine?c=SAT12092023&mc_cid=652ab88808&mc_eid=bafddb5f54

1 Like

LE trade in. :grinning:
Besides the holster wear the internals must be brand new.

1 Like

I feel my compact s&w shield has a bigger kick than my xd .40 …the xd feel smoother but it is the 4" barrel…but actually like carrying my xd daily. A little more bulky but feel its worth it.

Was recently looking at the p365 since it just came on the roster in cali but feel its too small… so i ended up going with the sig p320

3 Likes

In california …i dont believe i can buy that here…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes: we miss out on all the good stuff.

2 Likes