Situational Awareness: Woman Lunges With Knife Stabbing Officer

You can’t stop what you are not prepared for.

This officer clearly was not prepared for this violent assault. This could have costed her life.

6 Likes

I did not see the link to the story, there are several sources, this is just one. The first officer, it is reported, the one that was initially stabbed, missed her shot when the perp began to attack her again. The perp stopped, but then went after the second officer, who fired several shots, and stopped the threat.

5 Likes

Crazy…:no_mouth:

3 Likes

You can never be ready for an attack like this. There’s no training to avoid it. All you can do is hope she complies when shes asked to drop the knife. She didn’t drop it, it fell out of her hand. It looked like she was throwing punches but she was stabbing. She picked up the knife again and charged at the other cop and I assume he stopped the threat. This teaches you to expect the unexpected. Don’t underestimate anyone. Always be alert and keep your head on a swivel.

6 Likes

You have related one of your experiences in your former life recently. I don’t believe I could be an officer, especially today.

3 Likes

Thecopwastooclosetothewomanwiththeknife

2 Likes

As someone who has defended against 3people and 1 had a knife while having no weapon, it is very scary. I basically made it out with only 1 minor stab wound but I had the upper hand as they were drunk and I just returned from Afghan and gave no restraints when fighting them. This officer did a solid job breaking and getting distance but probably has had little training in the “oh sh*t” moment. I am glad to see that she made it out alive! this is proof that all ability to aim goes out the window for those who aren’t ready for it and even those who are, this can happen. At least she pulled the trigger and broke contact. Another individual who has never made the decision to shoot may have froze costing them their lives. That back up officer did a swell job getting some hits in.
This officer, will learn from this and progress. All things considered, I think she did just fine. Yes she could have been more prepared but she could have reacted worse that would have resulted in loss of life.

5 Likes

Agreed kind sir!

Maybe I should of said, obtain skills for hand-to-hand combat.

3 Likes