Sig ammo Elite Performance

I always hear that people carry Federal and Speer Hornady. Anybody carry Sig V- crown Elite Performance?

1 Like

So far goes bang each time I pull the trigger. No FTLs, FTEs. I took this ammunition on after seeing a couple of Paul Harrell YouTube videos where he specifically tested some of this ammunition. A part of his process is to chronograph the ammunitions in question and calculate energy. Additionally, he uses a ‘standardized target media construction’ to determine terminal performance. I believe it to be on par with Remington Golden Saber, Federal HST, and Hornady modern defensives. YMMV. Only you can decide what will work for you.

2 Likes

I like this chart because they used the same gun for all tests. I personally carry Sig V-Crown in my 9mm 3" barrel, and Barnes in my 9mm 4" barrel.

Scroll up or down for your calibers.

3 Likes

Awesome resource @Gary_H

Girlfriend carries the 9mm 115gr Sig ammo, and has shot quite a bit of it as well. Done fine so far. I have also seen the Luckygunner tests; great resource. Great ammo from my perspective.

1 Like

Thank you all for the input I appreciate.

1 Like

I’ve been carrying it for about two years. Tried it due to price and kept using it due to performance. For me it’s been accurate and reliable 100% through several hundred rounds in multiple guns of multiple sizes.

1 Like

I love the luckygunner references. I came here to post the link, looks like Gary beat me to it!

(depending upon where I am, if I am carrying my g20 10mm I alternate between Sig V crown and Hornady 180gr)

1 Like