Shout out to the Veterans and Military

Thank you very much…Tim

1 Like

I am OIF, from 08-09. I almost got the back door draft for OEF 11-12, after I got out, but I started college. When were you in Afghanistan?

3 Likes

@James OEF 11-12. I was in the Helmand during the push into Kajaki.

3 Likes

SO honored to be hanging out in the company of all of you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you for your service brother. Happy you came home safely. God Bless

2 Likes

@Dawn
United States Army
Vietnam 1969-1972 Two tours
First Cavalry Division Air Assault
First Lieutenant started out as enlisted then I was at OCS, graduated and was 11A Infantry Officer, nothing great only did my job what the country asked me
Robert Murphy
Served 18 1/2 years total
Rest of it doesn’t matter - I don’t like to talk about it much. I did what our country asked of me.

2 Likes

@Craig6 Sorry just saw this. Not sure exactly what you meant.

1 Like

US Army 85-88, medium helicopter repairer
B Co 2/159th Avn Rgt.
Tn ARNG, 89-97, HHT 3/278th ACR, medic.

2 Likes

@Robert8 I was making a jest at your mention of tinnitus and my own hearing loss due to my service. Nothing personal just a poke at my own “souvenir”.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

@Craig6 Oh, got you. I understand, got you now Craig

3 Likes

Thank you for your service.

2 Likes

@ShawnT It’s ok Shawn our new friend,
Thank You but Vietnam was over 50 years ago and unlike the modern day vets we who returned were treated like dog poop on your shoes. It’s very bitter for me still but that’s not your issue I know you are just being a nice man. Thanks Shawn :us:

1 Like

My Uncle/Godfather served in Vietnam. He got denied a military service after passing and my Aunt struggled for military benefits for 13 years before getting them. America is the greatest country on earth, but when it comes to our government, we become the worst.

3 Likes

Bless you again Shawn, I was referring (and I hate going into this) but I guess it needs further explanation sometimes I think I fully explain things but on rare occasion I’m explaining myself further because I think by your picture you may be early 30’s.
Vietnam war tore the country apart (I’m going to keep it short so I don’t bore anyone; upon my return home (we were termed Vietnam Returnees) if everybody had died the country would have been just as happy. We were basically an embarrassment to the country and certainly an embarrassment for the Democrat party it was pretty much their war, a black eye of sorts. We got on the return flight in uniform, either Dress Greens or Khakis depending on time of year, but we were told (highly) encouraged to change in to civilian clothes before we landed in San Francisco, CA and our connection to our destination. We were an embarrassment to the our country. So those are the main points, and I kept my promise to you my friend and kept it short so you didn’t become bored.

1 Like

35, no bore Sir.

2 Likes

Shawn can I ask you something, Because that something I know about; I was after the service I became a funeral director and embalmer and I am now retired. You’re saying at the service at the funeral there was no military honors correct?!
If you want to private message me it’s fine, if you want to email me also fine. I wonder where you live what state, and ask you what exactly happened in your view regarding the funeral and see if I can help you with those military honors.

1 Like

image image image

3 Likes

For all our veterans.

3 Likes

3 Likes

My dad, (the youngest) with his older brothers and my grandmother. All three served as sharpshooters in Korea, then my dad was a military advisor to the king of Thailand during Vietnam. He was career military, and continued to work in military applications after he retired out.

My dad passed this year, he was the last of the those in this photo.

I think maybe my uncles were pretty tough boys, growing up.

My dad, cowboy action, leather slap style.

With his second wife, me on the far right.

1 Like