Shotguns (Pump vs Semi vs Mag)

Those trench guns do pack a wallop. At least they hurt the other guy a lot more!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s how I ended up with my Ithaca, an 8 shot all steel thumper. The guy I bought it from thot it kicked to much, I didnā€™t think it kicked any more then any other, got it for $400.00. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I also have the stoeger 3000 home defense, it has the pistol grip and rail. Shoots great with 2 1/2s kicks like a mule with the 3". My dad watched me shoot 5 3" buckshot loads then declined the option to shoot some. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
With a light on it my wife really likes the shotgun for home defense. We have a very sturdy built house from the 50s and down our long hall it means she almost canā€™t miss. The semiautomatic works well for her, although she also did not want to shoot the 3" shells. For sale 3" shells. :grin:

1 Like

IMHO, for home defense purposes, there isnā€™t an advantage with my shotgun. As other guns, find the Ammo your shotgun ā€œlikesā€ and have at it. Mine does very well with SuperX 2 3/4 slugs. As far as shotshells go, it doesnā€™t really matter as long as they function reliably. My son even uses the same Mossberg for 4H.

1 Like