Self-defense dreams?

I hope this is the right category for this. I used the search feature and didn’t find anything, but I imagine others have had similar experiences.

Have you ever had a “self-defense dream” where you are defending yourself or your family and your gun jams or you put shots on target but they don’t stop the threat or the trigger just won’t move?

I’m trying to see who else experiences this.

8 Likes

When you get the chance to train and grow, respectfully and hopefully seek everything that is possible
to learn from USCCA and their instructors. I hope you fall in love with learning the correct way from people that are dedicated to help all of us to be responsible and safe.

You will get the opportunity to be walked through many scenarios’ and well explained what has happened, why it happened the way the scenarios ended to learn your mistakes and train to correct those mistakes in training, not in real life. Everyone learns differently and some faster than others, but USCCA can help you, please ask questions on any subject, none stop and research to find answers, correctly.

Your personal scenarios or dreams are thinking things out in your mind. Training will help you to
understand. This training and you are real, the movies on TV are fictional.

4 Likes

Actually yes I did, it was extremely terrifying, right after I started carrying I had a dream where something happened, I don’t remember that part, but what I do remember, when I reached for my EDC the attacker put his hand on his gun in his belt and said “I have one too”. Really Really made me think, what if, what if he did, what if he drew his, what if he was quicker…

4 Likes

I have had many over the years, some I win, some I don’t, It’s just a dream. :man_shrugging:
I also have dreams about hunting or being hunted, sometimes I get the bear and sometimes the bear gets me. :slightly_smiling_face:
The more you play “what if” the more dreams you will have.

@Konrad3 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. :us:

8 Likes

@Konrad3 Welcome to the USCCA community. We all have different kind of dreams, but as @BRUCE26 said there just dreams. :us: :us: :us:

4 Likes

These are fairly common.

The most common are the ‘heavy trigger’ where no matter how hard you try the trigger won’t move…or the ‘no effect’ where you get shots off and are sure they are landing but the attacker is not dissuaded…from what I’ve seen over the years. Both are often reported.

I used to have both of them lol, now I mostly have “I’m in a ‘gun free’ zone and suddenly realize I’m carrying”

6 Likes

Several. One particularly vivid episode I grabbed a handful of shirt trying to get the gun out. Don’t recall the circumstances nor the outcome; I think I woke up.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Think professional interpretation might be interesting. If your gun don’t work in your dream get a S&W model 442 or any good wheel gun, they work every time, no slap rack bullshite required.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Konrad3 , glad you could join us.

I never had such a dream, guess you can say I trust what I carry and they have not let me down at the range. Only had a little problem with third party magazines once, problem was easily fixed.

2 Likes

I’m in a ‘gun free’ zone and suddenly realize I’m carrying

Never had the dreams but because my EDC is so comfortable I forget that I have it on me and have entered many gun free zones.

3 Likes

I dream of the day when all the antigun mob suddenly realized they were all wrong and all joined the USCCA and there was no gun free zones, and in doing so there was no riots no robberys or no school shootings. This is what I dream, you all Stay Alert Don’t Get Hurt. :desert::cowboy_hat_face::us_outlying_islands::statue_of_liberty::+1:

6 Likes

And I’m sure there is no underlying bias behind that…interpretation. lol

I’m not an expert or anything, but I wonder if the author of that might be projecting a little something

3 Likes

Firearms occupy my awake time, but don’t think I’ve ever had a gun involved defense type dream. Last night’s dream was teaching countersteering a motorcycle, and my awesome dream bike (pun intended) had adjustable l.o.p. (length of PUSH) :laughing:. @Brad will understand.

6 Likes

All of yours is like that? Mine is always me killing somebody in self defense and making a run for it. Running from the cops, getting in so much trouble, and then I finally get caught and I have all these charges over my head and then I’m scared ■■■■■■■ shitless, and I wake up, look around my room, and be like I’m in bed? I’m actually home? That was just a dream and it didn’t happen? Good cause that was a close one.

6 Likes

I had one about 2 years ago, @Konrad3 and it is the reason I got rid of my XDS. It’s a great shooting gun, but in my dream, I was not holding it right and the grip safety would not engage. That kept me from being able to fire the weapon. Got my M&P9 and that is now my daily carry.

3 Likes

When I first started getting training in 1984 there was a story that LEO shared with us. A man on drugs was shot like 93 times to become incapacitated and later died while at the hospital. They talked about their 9 mm, but I was training with my Smith and Wesson 357 magnum. So. afterwards on occasions I did have dreams where I could not pull the gun up to shoot.

2 Likes

When I returned from six years in Iraq and Afghanistan I had some like this and some others as well.

4 Likes

I had recurring dreams about self defense failures on and off for about 3 years…different scenarios, some with firearms some without…I no longer have them. I have a back-story that may explain it slightly (or not!). I practiced street defense martial arts since i was 22 yr old, then added concealed pistol tactical training when i turned 30 and had acquired my CCW permit. Around the age of 37 i stopped training martial arts, got physcially out of shape, and stopped practicing with my handgun because a new job id taken i could not afford ammo any longer…well, at 40 i got back in the gym, got back in shape, started practicing martial arts again, and slowly began lots more handgun practive…by 41 yr old i stopped having self defense dreams where i constantly lost. [so my conclusion is my paranoia got bad because i knew i was losing my edge] needless to say, now, at 52 yr old, i do my dry fire practice more then ever, and i also attend a high intense Krav Maga class now too, to add to the jeet kune do and eskrima id practiced for 18 years previous

4 Likes

I train as well but still have the “It’s not working” dreams. It’s like nothing lands, nothing effects to attacker. At 62 years old I’m fairly confident that I can surprise the little bastard on the street that picks me but in my dreams I get rather frustrated.

1 Like