Safety Team at Work?

When you’re at work, you’re supposed to be focused on the task at hand and not have to worry about your personal safety. Carrying is one way to help you protect yourself, but a lot of people cannot carry at work. And even if you can carry, having a security team who you know has your back makes it easier to focus on the job at hand (whatever your job maybe).

Does your company have a security team to protect you?

What security does your place of employment have?

7 Likes

Mine has a NO Weapons Sign at every entrance.

We have nothing to worry about. (I hope you read that with all the sarcasm with which I wrote it.)

11 Likes

In my biilding, there is a guard, a very nice gentleman in his 70s. The other building has a guy, I think he knows BJJ. Both are very alert, always open the door for you!

1 Like

am retired military.

2 Likes

We don’t have security, we have asset protection. They check lunch boxes, on the way OUT of the building. They are worried I might steal some imported junk. They aren’t worried about my safety. People are not an asset I guess.

2 Likes

I’m on the safety team at work. More specifically the OSHA kind of safety. Like @DBrogue, my work is posted no weapons and I also feel safer because of it.

3 Likes

When I lived in Wisco, I worked in health care–no weapons allowed. We did have ‘mall cops’–uniformed, unarmed folks.
Here in OH, I’m a lot more involved with the gun community, and I am on the safety services team at my church (the team is 120 members). All have to pass the OPOTA (police shooting quals for OH) yearly to be on the team. We work under a well thought out SOP and train monthly.

2 Likes

Our building is surrounded by security people and police, many of whom are armed. Still, I don’t believe that security checks for weapons on those who enter. The walk to and from the office is the most dangerous part of my day/life. It is past a transit center where many drugs/firearms/etc. are bought/sold illegally. Such is life, I suppose.

1 Like

Thank you for your service, @Charles57!

1 Like

It’s just me, my dogs and my gun safe right next to my desk at home.

2 Likes

Just me an my two dogs working from my fully kitted out panic room… safe and secure!!

Ok, joking, sorta… I work from home, so me and the two dogs, and I am always carrying. Never know when a Racoon or Skunk might go rogue…

2 Likes

That’s a terrifyingly stinking thought!

1 Like

@Dawn
Its actually more than that. A skunk can live and carry rabbis for a long time. If they come down with it themselves they can become very aggressive.

My cousin had one chase him around the farm house before he could get back inside and get a weapon. It actually attacked his guard dog (luckily not bitten) that was chained up at his post outside.

Its funny now remembering him running around the house in his red long underwear yelling “GET A GUN”.

2 Likes

Nope, I have a work van where my work orders are customers homes…

1 Like

I am the safety team with an attack cat and a decoy killer dog.

1 Like

I do most of my work at home. Six dogs guarding the front and interior of the house and an attack rooster out back, along with a four hen alarm system.

2 Likes

I’m a first responder where I work. No security, but you have to have a badge to unlock door.

2 Likes

Hey!! That works!!! (Sarcasm)

2 Likes

Unfortunately, none. There is a contract security company at the site, but they are stationed at the two entry roads and are not staffed to do more than cursory rounds on the weekends. Couple that with a no-firearms policy, and we’re wide open.

2 Likes

Are they at least armed?

Or do they wear a no-gun zone tee-shirt with a whistle around their neck :crazy_face: and a flashlight on their belt.

“STOP I TELL YOU – STOP IN THE NAME OF THE LAW!!” :speaking_head: :right_anger_bubble: :no_entry_sign: :flashlight: :clown_face: :

2 Likes