You are talking about someone in a normal state of mind. Some years ago the California Highway Patrol put out a report that said that three out of ten drivers on the road on a normal weekday were under the influence of some perception altering substance, both legally prescribed and illegally self-prescribed. Think about that out of ten cars stopped at a light, three of the operators are zonked on some kind of substance. Then think that once a citizen has a driver’s license he has it for a certain number of years. It is not inconceivable that the driver in a road rage incident has had some kind of mental breakdown since getting his license and is now in a certifiable psychotic rage and most assuredly is not thinking clearly. Any of those altered states I described throw your theory about rational thinking right straight out the 30th floor window.
What theory is that? I don’t remember a theory. Please include which driver could have been under the influence. I really don’t care if the BG or the truck driver is high. That just makes for possible further charges for one or the other. I was talking about someone coming at me with a gun and how I would handle it. Be sure and let me know how you would have handled it. People will do it differently and different things could possibly work.
I learned the hard way, “Always keep my car windows rolled up all the way/closed”.
A driver once disagreed with my driving decisions and while stuck/stopped in traffic, he screamed profanities in such anger I had never seen before in my life. I think I was frozen in shock. I’m not one to yell, curse, just not in my nature. If my windows were closed, I think I would have taken it less hard. Had I retaliated, all would have captured me and my car on video/audio.
I sometimes wish I would have caught him on video/audio for either his identity or share him on the world wide web forever. His significant others and employers really need to see “who he is”.
Just glad I chose not to get out. On my bucket list, buy a couple of good cameras for the car.
I am glad you remained safe from this unstable driver. Although, the verbal abuse is a form of violence we encounter from these types of pent-up rage drivers.
My husband and I pull over when we are harassed by the driver who tails you so closely you can see his or her face. It is annoying and stressful when you encounter these types who like to tail you when you are obeying the speed limit.
I like the idea of purchasing a camera(s) for our vehicles. In this day and age it appears to be a necessary safeguard.
I find the best defense against verbal abuse is to ignore them. The whole reason for verbal abuse is to get your attention. Engaging in verbal abuse is called doing the monkey dance and is considered to be an escalation in violence.
I just bought 2 camera systems that do front, rear, and interior speedometer and put them in our 2 cars. It’s getting stupid out there.
We passed that mile marker a long time ago my friend.