Responsible Gun Owners

I cant sneak up on anyone. I snap & pop too much

3 Likes

The wife tells me I should go out in the field with the cattle in it. Lol

2 Likes

I think you have a good response, but I do not follow.

1 Like

I read the last first

1 Like

I find something that I did not know about getting old every day. The fun thing is when a new Dr. asks for medical history and then stops me about an hour into it, even before I get to the good stuff. I have also found out that some people have a hard time understanding getting blown up, getting shot or even falling out of a helo. One thing that is good about getting old is when your children find an old photo of their parents on a motorcycle crossing the country or find out you were actually at Woodstock. Those moments do make your aitches and pains not so bad.

5 Likes

This is a nebulous topic for some of us who can’t get a permit even if we wanted (I won’t submit to unjust and unconstitutional mandates anyway). In L.A. County for example, illegals selling food on the sidewalks can be armed without permits. I think a judge granted permission to an illegal to have a gun but I’m not sure if it was in L.A. County and if that illegal needs a permit, which is ridiculous and an insult to lawful citizens. L.A. County stopped issuing permits to carry guns a few weeks ago or less than that. I haven’t been looking at anything due to a recent unexpected death in the family, so I wasn’t aware of most news (even local news) until about 2 days ago. Nevertheless, I will carry concealed ‘permitless’ because I did all to abide by the rules and requirements when I first applied several years ago. If I have a clean record and have done all to be a good citizen but the government still denies me a permit, then the onus is on them and not on me. Moreover, a permit implies that you have no right. I will never again allow myself to be a potential victim of a crime(s) when I have all the power and authority by not just the constitution but GD Himself to protect myself as well as my family. Anyway, I’m too old to be worrying about what others think.

5 Likes

Just know the facts that criminals conceal carry EVERYWHERE THEY GO, EVEN ACROSS STATELINES, NO PERMITS AND NO RECIPROCITY! How WONDERFUL TO ENJOY THAT KIND OF FREEDOM!! BUT NOT FOR LAW ABIDING RESPONIBLE GUN OWNING CITIZENS! “WTF”!!! We need to THROW THIS INTO THE FACE of the ANTI GUN LEGISLATORS, ANTI GROUPS, etc… to QUIT INFRINGING ON OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS! Just because they don’t exercise their Constitutional rights to the fullest extent doesn’t mean they can keep anyone else from exercising theirs to the fullest, especially our 2A!

4 Likes

I have been a responsible gun owner for roughly 10 years. I have passed my states Enhanced Carry training and exam. I also try to get to the range at least once a week. I do not draw my weapon in anger or panic, when I do draw it my finger is positioned just below the slide.

3 Likes

Good points about panic or anger . If you panic you probably will not hit the target and if you have time to get angery, the threat may have passed.

3 Likes

Some people cannot grasp the concept that criminals do not care. Thank you for your comments.

3 Likes

Some people want to stop the criminals. Some people want to stop the people that want to stop the criminals. For me it’s about stopping the criminals, not stopping the people that want to stop the people that want to stop the criminals.:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s nearly impossible to do simply because anti-gunners are not mentally balanced facts and rationally are not something that is in their playbook.

The best you can do is when in a discussion with a anti-gunner where there are other normal and rational people around is to hit them with a solid knock punch based on factual information. then smile and shut up and let them come flying off the handle exposing just how mentally ill they really are.

You will never win a discussion with one of them but when given enough rope the will hang themselves every time.

At that point you have won the discussion and they made it possible.

2 Likes

I have never pulled a firearm except in practice the only time I ever came close to doing that was after responding to a robbery at a drugstore, just as I was about to I heard two shots from just behind me fired by the uniform who was dispatched to the call, hitting the guy who might have taken a shot at me.

I was a youth reserve (16 YO) in plain clothes.

However the way I train is once I remove my firearm from my holster my finger remains on the trigger, anything else will compromise accuracy.

1 Like

For me it is not about stopping criminals it’s about protecting myself and those around me, stopping criminals is the job of LEO’s.

3 Likes

I think we are on the same page. I am referring to when LEO isn’t/aren’t there. I don’t know who those are that you have to protect yourself and those around you from if not criminals.

1 Like

Always take reasonable precautions to keep your firearms out of the hands that should not have them.

Always follow the 4 rules of safe gun handling (a lot of people don’t meet this one)

Do your due diligence to understand use of force laws regarding when it is legally justified to use lethal force, and when lethal force is not justified.

Do our part to help other firearms owners do the same

2 Likes

That is incorrect and unsafe gun handling

3 Likes

Maybe for you but not for me.

The finger on the side is LEO thing as a cost saving measure.

1 Like

No, it’s for everybody.

It’s Rule #3 of The Four Rules.

Keeping your finger on the trigger at all times is dangerous and incorrect.

4 Likes

:disguised_face:

:point_down:

:disguised_face:

:point_down:

That is my favorite topic at this Community !

hap

please continue…

3 Likes