Pros cons on my decision for a hunting pistol

I’m either going Taurus raging hunter 357 or Glock G40 10mm. It’s one or the other.

7 Likes

Depends on your hunting style, if your mainly stand hunting the either would be fine, the Glock would be better for still hunting. Both are fine calibers for Deer And Bear. :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

Nice choices. GLOCK G40 10mm :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

IMO. 44 magnum with a nice red dot, especially in low light. A friend of mine has had very good luck on white tail with a Ruger 45 Colt, when I asked why he picked the 45 he said “ cause he always wanted one “
So I guess that’s the best answer you can get. Any one of the choices will kill. Keeping in mind that even tough ammunition has come a long way cartridges were engineered with a particular use in mind.
Good Hunting & Good luck.
PS: it’s a blast for silhouette shooing too.

3 Likes

I would go for the revolver because they have the ability to mount a long eye relief scope, and make more precise shots.

2 Likes

I’m not going to be using a scope.

1 Like

I never used a scope either, I have shot deer from 30ft. to 100yds with a .357 and a .45 LC. :+1:

4 Likes

I’m figuring 50 yards will be a very long shot in that environment.

2 Likes

Practice at 100 tho, you know how Whitetail pop out where they will. The closest I shot one was 4ft from the end of the barrel of my 30.30. :us:

4 Likes

@PossumSlayer1 @BeanCounter @Barry54 >> good points about scoops.

• when you increase the power on a scope, especially on a hand gun it greatly reduces the field of View.
  • harder to see cross hairs in low light, keeping in mind that most animules are more active at dusk and Dawn ( not you Dawn, down girl ) that’s were the red dot with adjustable brightness will shin.
  • shot placement is key to a clean kill.
1 Like

The .357 gives you the option to pair up with a pistol caliber carbine, offering some great ballistic performance options. The same may be true for the 10mm, but cannot say for sure.

3 Likes

It’s a damn shame the price of lever guns went up so high or the 357 would have been the best pic

2 Likes

I’d pick the 357 just for better ammo selection.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Probably a hair more over what I’m willing to spend :grin:

1 Like

Sometimes you just have to treat yourself.

2 Likes

I’ll tell the wife that :grin: , after I blow 3000 on a kayak

2 Likes

This is what an Angel looks like in the eye of Blacky.

3 Likes

It will all help her stay safe after the SHTF!:grin:

2 Likes

I have a Glock 40 caliber Gen 4 model 22 and I hate it. I was recently checking out the M&P 10mm by S&W. I better choice for me. But I do love Taurus revolvers.

2 Likes