Powder Problem

Just read in magazine there is a problem with 9mm FMJ 115gr & 9mm JHP 115gr ammunition from a few manufacturers. It seems it’s the gun powder not igniting correctly. Warning says projectile may not exit the firearms barrel. Ammunition made after March 25, 2021.
There’s a list of codes on boxes but to many to put here.
Be aware and please check on this for yourself.
Look on line - Ammunition Recall.

2 Likes

These are the only 2 notices that popped up when I used Google, was a bit disappointed nothing showed up in a Duck-Duck-Go search :-1:

Winchester Issues Recall on 115 Grain 9mm Luger Ammo :: Guns.com

Browning Ammunition Recall: 9mm Luger 115 grain (browningammo.com)

Was interesting to see Winchester manufactures the “Herter” brand - I have only seen Herter offered at BassPro/Cabela’s. It would appear Winchester also manufactures Browning ammo as well, based on the similarity of the lot codes.

2 Likes

Yes, Herter is listed also. Yes , Winchester manufacturers this.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on these brands. It must be a fluke within certain assembly lines or shifts. I use both of these all of the time and have had no issues with my 9mm handguns that vary in barrel lengths and magazine capacities.
I guess I’ve been blessed.
What might help is if there are certain lot numbers by ranges of spectrum.
I don’t know… I haven’t had any issues with barrel clogging - misfires- extractions- or cycling.
I’m wondering if this was something that occurred in haste production… just saying.

Follow on comment: Looked at the link provided and this is being used for citation purposes only to further assist.

Over 50 lots are covered in the Winchster-branded recall, with ammo symbols Q4172, RED9, USA9JHP, USA9MMVP, USA9W, and WW9B. Herter’s branded 115 grain 9mm FMJ with symbol HRT9A and lot numbers SC13LD44, SC13LD45, SD10LD44 or SD10LD45 are also included.
I did not author this information. I simply transferred the “citation link” for purposes of safety and awareness to our community.
The link is property of Guns.com