POLL: Are You Finding Ammo? If so, where?

i found some 500 rounds at Bass Pro here in Springfield Mo it was 115 grain full metal jacket

3 Likes

but it wasnt cheap Karacal then today i luckly found 1000 primmers and some 115 grain coated bullet leads so i can reload allso i guess ya gotta be there at the right time before it all gets bought up

2 Likes

Yup, it’s hit or miss but finding a brick of primers is as good as hitting the lottery!:+1::sunglasses:
I’m still sitting on 600 XTP Hornady 9mm to reload with. I’m using it as part of the barter system out here😉

1 Like

yup today was the happest day ive had all year since i ran out of primmers LAST YEAR!!!

2 Likes

i dont want to say how much ive got ,im thinking the same as you are and to supply family if the SHTF

2 Likes

I have been finding a little more at my LGS, and prices are coming down. Many places are still placing limits on purchasing like limit 2 boxes, or 1 box per caliber per day.

Although I did have a gun range charge me $50 for a box of .40 S&W. I was caught unprepared or I would have walked away from it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Dustin34 and god bless you.

1. Wolf 7.62x39 Ammo - 1000 Rounds of 124 Grain HP Ammunition

16In stock now

1 Review

Image of Wolf 7.62x39 Ammo - 1000 Rounds of 124 Grain HP Ammunition

$350.00Price

• Made by Wolf
  • 1000 Rounds
  • 35¢ Cost Per Round
  • 124 Grain
  • HP Bullet
  • Discount Steel
  • New Condition
  • Steel Casing
  • Berdan
  • 2402 FPS Muzzle Velocity
  • UPC 645611300738
2 Likes

Curious, only bought Wolf ammo once, 9mm, probably over 20 years ago. While it cycled fine in my SIG, my buddy’s S&W struggled mightily with it. It was also EXTREMELY dirty making the gun look like thousands of rounds had been fired after only a box of 50! Is it still dirty like that? What’s your experience with Wolf ammo?

1 Like

I have not used WPA ammo in any great amount, I use Red Army Standard with the sealed neck and primer and lacquered case in my AK. I have not noticed excessive fouling with RAS but I did with TULA 9mm, but they all went bang worked fine in my Taurus and I have fired about 1000 rnds. over the years. :us:

The other problem with steel cased ammo is that the cases don’t expand the same way that brass cases do. This causes carbon build up between the case and the chamber wall. This build up can cause stuck cases . Sometimes these cases will stick so severely that it is difficult to remove them even with a cleaning rod

3 Likes

Appreciate the point. Happened to me a few times at the Range, leading to problems, so now I use different/better ammo (cleaner ammo per se), and I bring a cleaning tool brush to push the casing out of the cylinder just in case it ever gets stuck again. Small, light weight, easy to pack in the range bag. I must suggest everyone bring at least one brush that fits in all your barrels.

2 Likes

I stopped by my local Sportsman’s Warehouse yesterday (Colorado) for a couple of things, and was surprised to see not only a full gun case, but a wide variety of ammo available in the ammo aisles and also behind the counter (for new gun sales). The sales folks told me that background checks were running about 30 minutes. They told me the supply chain seems to be moving much quicker, and prices are getting back toward “normal” (that’s a matter or perspective I guess, but I’ll take it). That’s definitely good news from my viewpoint.

1 Like

SGAmmo just got some 9mm Magtech FMJ ammo in stock as low as $0.50/cpr, which is the lowest I’ve seen for new brass-cased name-brand ammo from a reputable dealer in quite a while. It’s available in 115gr and 124gr weights in either 50rnd box or 1000 rnd case.

3 Likes

Not sure if I’m just being overly optimistic but it seems like prices are creeping downwards, and the “good stuff” is starting to come back in stock. (altho the above 9mm is already out of stock…)

SGAmmo has some good 5.56 ammo in stock 223 Remington / 5.56mm NATO Ammo | SGAmmo.com

Of note…
PMC battlepacks are really great long-term storage options since they are sealed weatherproof bags. PMC’s milspec stuff (M193, M855) and their Bronze line is pretty accurate, clean, and reliable.
IMI M193 is still in stock

3 Likes

My local has Hornady frontier 556 & 223 12$ a box unlimited , fmj 9 mm same price … I’m waiting a couple more weeks.

2 Likes

Ammoseek

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @chris228

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @chris228 and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

Welcome to the family @chris228 so glad you joined us.

1 Like

Looks like a good deal to me. :us:
At AMMO.COM

1. Remington 9mm Ammo - 500 Rounds of 124 Grain JHP Ammunition

16In stock now

Submit A Review

Image of Remington 9mm Ammo - 500 Rounds of 124 Grain JHP Ammunition

Price $520.00

$440.00

• Made by Remington
  • 500 Rounds
  • 88¢ Cost Per Round