Planet Fitness Has Been 'Pretty Much Destroyed'

Turn a gym into hunting grounds for pervs. What can go wrong with this business model?

8 Likes

It comes down to a simple tenant of business. You have to market to and serve the largest consumer group in your space. PF has made it clear who they support, roughly 7% of consumers. That would indicate that 93% of potential clients are going elsewhere.

7 Likes

It’s really sad for my community here.
They are right down the road from me. Super convenient
and they just re-modeled too. More Heavy Bags, more equipment
but it’s a Ghost town now. New Mexican’s are pretty laid back and don’t
jump too high or fast on the latest trends and this Gym was a perfect example.
another Gym (Choze) is packed to the gills now but it’s a Body shop.(Pick-up parlor)
A lot of muscle flexing and Oiled up Poser’s (I hate it) so phoney.
Now PF is awful, I get a weird feeling there now. I used to be able to
practice my ‘Baton’ use there and simulations of getting attacked and everybody
was cool with that. Now it’s like my Shooting Range ! All Phony/Restrictions weird
policy changes. The cool staff left and so did a huge amount of members I really liked,
Contract or no contract this place is now dying.(and as I stated it’s Beautiful again)
I don’t shower there because I am so close to home but I change there to clean sweats and it feels uncomfortable in the Lockers now. Ya’ll know I’m a tad fluffy and no Guy has tried to hit on me but my SA is on all the time and I get a weird vibe.
It’s a damn shame,
If I had some bucks I’d open an Indoor Shooting Range and a Friendly Gym.
None of this DEI bullcrap, or Leftist warped mentality.
I’d hire 'Range Officer’s who knew what’s what and were HELPFULL, not Gun Nazi’s
Theses two places are prime examples of Biden’s Amerika.
I dislike going there but I have no choice (till I make the search wider to friendlier Climates, and have to go further and probably spend more bread!
I hear you guy’s talking about friendly shooting places and now gyms and I get envious!
I’m OLD SCHOOL ALL THE WAY.
I like Brotherhoods/Sisterhoods
I like restaurants that believe in customer service
Community based places where respect and Honesty rule
and I am finding all that less and less.
Shame.

WWG1WGA

9 Likes

Our Gym, IMMA, has none of that crap. We have straight, gay, men and women. At this point there is no Trans stuff, yet. The Owner tells new student at the door “Stop, leave your ego right there, outside of the door.”. We train with anyone interested in hand to hand self defense or MMA fighting. We don’t have “Locker Rooms” just rest/changing rooms so I ride home wet, so to speak. We’re seeing a bit of an increase in traffic due to the fear of the upcoming elections and what the fall out may be.

9 Likes

Mike,
That’s the thing, we had ‘manager’s’ who knew (2) things

1. How to be of service—there was a simple policy of follow the rules and have fun.
  2. NO weirdness, Trans, shower ‘sharing’, mixed lockers etc.
    (and a third (unofficial I guess) : don’t cause harm, harass, intimidate etc. or YOU ARE OUTTA HERE!)
    Not permanent, just for the day unless the ‘act’ was so egregious or harmful.
    Sort of an Anti-Troll policy.
    People: fellow members and staff looked out for each other. Be a dik, get the kick!
    That’s all gone.
    My list of favorite places to shop, have fun, work out is shrinking fast.

Maybe they WANT us Isolated again, worked well during COVID

5 Likes

Damnit!!! I’m a member at the Planet Fitness right down the street. S***. Now I have to find another gym. I never shower there because I live 3 minutes away but I’m no longer going to gice them my money. Adios

2 Likes

flies around sht, bees around honey

3 Likes

“Christopher Miller, 38, was arrested on a charge of indecent exposure and booked into the Gaston County jail last Thursday, with his online inmate entry identifying him as a male.”

2 Likes

I can hear it now.
“yes your honor I am a woman”

“OK, wait, let’s start over, go back to I walked in, got naked and handed her some lotion
”

2 Likes

Starting to sound like a movie.
IMG_4151

2 Likes

Looks like a ‘TRIBBLE’ from the original Star Trek ! I swear to God it MOVED just now!

I’m NOT Thumbs-upping THAT! NO SIR!

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes