Pepper ball guns and felony convictions

@Robert1482 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

I believe that @Scott361 called [800-674-9779] and talked to a USCCA Rep.
They are always here and will always get an answer to your question, 24-7-365. :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you, I’ll call them later today.

2 Likes

Your welcome… and we won’t slap your “pee pee” for “necroposting”. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @AlteredCowboy

2 Likes

Thank you kindly

2 Likes

I will admit I had to look it up. :flushed:

2 Likes

Composting the dead body. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey, don’t laugh’ that is big business/money. :man_zombie: :woman_zombie: :zombie:
And all the rage. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sorry for the second necropost lol

When I search on Google, a bunch of sites say that pepperball guns are regulated as firearms in Wisconsin. is this a new occurrence? Or are these websites just incorrect, erring on the side of caution? Felon here, I qualify for my pardon now and don’t want to mess that up, but I’d like a less lethal option for my home.

Also does anyone know if it is purchased - there’s one on Amazon id like to get (no background check???) - and just use rubber balls in it at home, is that still considered a pepperball gun?

1 Like

It may depend on what exactly the “pepperball gun” is.

I personally recommend against rubber balls or rubber bullets. They rely on pain compliance which is unreliable, and depending on the gun may or may not run afoul of no-gun restrictions.

Pepper Spray.

If you really want to be sure you’re going to, IMO, want to reach out to a lawyer. You also may consider reaching out to the manufacturer of the thing

2 Likes

From Byrna.

ARE BYRNA PISTOLS AND RIFLES CONSIDERED TO BE FIREARMS BY THE BUREAU OF ALCOHOL TOBACCO AND FIREARMS?

No. Byrna Less-Lethal Self-Defense Pistols and Rifles are powered by compressed CO2 cartridges, just like a paintball or airsoft gun.

2 Likes

And that’s useful. Federally, that means to me (not a lawyer!) there is no convicted felon issue in possessing it.

IDK about state law though and if it might be different…?

3 Likes

Yes, I would call WI. State Police and mention the ATF ruling. :slightly_smiling_face:
Then ask where I could find the WI. rule so I have it.

Hello and welcome @Lenje_L

2 Likes

Listen to NATHAN 57 is A VERY VERY . Good idea . I TEXAS A GUN IS A GUN IS A GUN . I believe that after you do your time !!! U. Should be . THE SAME AS BEFORE IF . You did not did not do a violent crime … AND THEN . You have problems. I never would recommend . Any vileness . But if you just have to tune up . An azz hole :hole: :100::bangbang: DO NOT USE A WEAPON. :bangbang::100:.just stick your finger in up to . Your knuckle. And that’s will produce. Great .RESULTS!!! I Have found. . It’s pretty easy . And reliable!! I. Have never had any complaints. :notes::notes::notes::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::feather::feather:

I sprayed pepper spray and every one ran out of the Unit :feather::feather::us::notes::notes::notes::100:

Pepperball guns and tasers are not NFA items, and therefore do not require 4473’s or any other Federal intervention. Local laws, however, may apply (as these items do not fall under 2A).

1 Like

Agree, local laws may see some trouble.

For instance, my city, (suburb on the north side of Denver) air guns are legal, as long as the projectiles stay on my property.

However in my sisters city (suburb on east side of Denver) shooting a slingshot in your own basement could get you charges of discharging a weapon within city limits.

2 Likes