Palmetto State Armory

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with Palmetto Armory Defense firearms? I have seen a mixture of both good and bad reviews, with good out weighing the bad. Just curious on anyone’s experience with that company.

I’m specifically wanting a quality AR carbine pistol…& that company shows good pricing combined with people saying the shipping times are good, considering the times we are currently in.

Although I would love to have a top brand firearm worth thousands of $$$, I currently cannot, unless I wait a while longer. And who knows what laws will come about regarding the “assault weapons ban”…whatever that means.

With that being said, does anyone have any experience with other firearm companies that sell quality budget AR platforms?

Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

Do you mean Palmetto State Armory?

3 Likes

Yes I do, just fixed it

1 Like

Got mags & ammo there before covid. Like the inexpensive ar ( buy top & bottom separately. Nice no frills. Waiting to snap up a dagger 9mm. Yes I am pleased with them.

2 Likes

I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them. Just finished building a 9mm AR with a Dead Foot folding stock (brace) adapter. I’ve been shooting it extensively and I love this gun. Every purchase I’ve done from PSA has been flawless.

7 Likes

I’ve bought several AR uppers, lowers and gear from them. No complaints at all. No range experience with it but it all feels high quality.

3 Likes

Bought 2 M&P shields through them. No issues with the purchase. :+1:

2 Likes

The only issue I had was they charged me tax on my AR pistol when my state was to collect the tax.
I had to pay tax twice. I contacted PSA and their state. They told me that I would have to get a refund from my state.
I build my own now.

2 Likes

All lowers I have except 1 came from PSA, I have never gone directly through PSA, always got them through my gun shop.

I’ve gotten a good number of BCA uppers, I like them a reasonably priced.

Never had an issue functional wise with am upper or lower from PSA.

5 Likes

A close friend ordered an AK47 last year from Palmetto received @ FFL couple days later. He hasn’t had any issues and quality made.

3 Likes

I’ve had no issues with their products. That being said I’ve been using Bear Creek Armory since they haven’t jacked their prices up and they have a selection of off caliber uppers.

Can’t rate BCA yet since i ran in to all of the issues common to 7.62x39mm ARs.

5 Likes

I buy from BCA and Pro2A-Tactical, no issues, great products

6 Likes

I have made a bunch of purchases from them with no problems. Including an upper and lower that while certainly not a match grade tack driver, has been 100% reliable and more than accurate enough for its intended purpose.

2 Likes

PSA has been great. I’ve purchased some of their complete factory built products as well as other products from other suppliers/manufacturers. They seem to have what I want in stock when I need; oops “WANT”, it. They work well with my preferred FFL and the processes are seamless. Last FFL purchase was in my hands within 3days of order. The pricing on their products almost allows for you to get a 2 for 1 deal compared to a Daniel Defense AR platform.

2 Likes

PSA, all I need.

2 Likes

Great results and they stand by their warranty. Good company.

2 Likes

I have —shipped quickly and every went smooth.–good people to deal with
Go for it
Jeff

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @jeffrey170 and you are blessed to be here.

As others have already mentioned, buy ARs with confidence from PSA. PSA is inexpensive, not cheap. There is a world of difference. They are widely reviewed by most top gun reviewers on youtube, so if you need info on a specific model its probably out there.

Save yourself a few dollars and buy the stripped lower separate from the upper/lower/complete kit. They actually have several pretty good deals going on right now.

3 Likes