Online Gun Trusts

I have contacted a local attorney on setting up a Gun Trust, but also interested in experiences people had with online services for creating a gun trust for NFA items. Any you would recommend to use or stay away from?

Ideally, I would like to have a gun trust where I could easily add items and trustees and will continue to be in effect after I pass.

2 Likes

I know next to nothing about gun trusts but I’m interested in learning more myself. Would like a way to ensure that my young son eventually inherits my modest collection with as little hassle as possible regardless of how old he is or where he is living when that time comes.

2 Likes

I have one through Silencer Central for my nfa items. It was included with a suppressor purchase and at present, I have my son listed on it. Being so easy, I don’t really have any advice to offer, it reminded me of putting out house under contract online, though less stuff to fill out.

1 Like

There is much debate on this.

Trust’s serve a valuable role in keeping personal things “safe” but an LLC gets into a business realm. While I may have an MBA the vagaries are beyond my ability to comment on authoritatively. It would seem to me that a trust is not regulated by any “body” or protective agency while an LLC is regulated by business bodies. IMHO the more layers of bureaucracy you can keep between you and “them” the better your odds to carry on in perpetuity . Obviously the LLC has more rules. The trust you set it and forget it. Going after YOUR LLC would have ramifications for MILLIONS of small businesses, going after your “Trust” affects YOU and yours. At least that was how it was explained to me over scotch with a finance lawyer. YRMV.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Very valid point and I don’t disagree.

However, my primary interest in having a trust that outlives me is for use in conjunction NFAs and tax stamps. Having a trust that remains valid after my death could allow trustees to continue to use items in the trust without immediately needing pay necessary fees to transfer them to their name or their own trusts.

1 Like