Olympic opening close your eyes

I agree. Allowing professionals and Dream Teams hurt the games.

3 Likes

Back in 1976 or more recently? :rofl:

2 Likes

And from Newsmax
 oh, and I am now officially boycotting the Olympics in Paris

Drag queens who performed at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics are under fire for mocking The Last Supper — one of Christianity’s most sacred moments.

“Queens everywhere! We couldn’t be happier about this huge moment for drag performers breaking through mainstream and showing their talents to the entire world,” Out magazine tweeted.

3 Likes

Far right news media: Look how they insulted/destroyed the Last Supper!
Far left news media: Trump says you won’t have to vote anymore once he returns to office!

Seems like a good reason to turn off the TV and news feeds.

3 Likes

More recently!

Now a days they would blur out the ski jumper because “seeing the agony of defeat would hurt someone’s feefees”.

3 Likes

it’s not about being proud to rep your country any more, it’s all about the $$$$ you can make. just like pro sports is all about $$$$.

3 Likes

I’m just so disappointed the international transgender community didn’t extend their gross religious disrespect towards the peaceful Muslims.

Alas, they’ll probably blaspheme during the Winter Olympics. I’ve got my fingers crossed.

4 Likes

That hockey game was, for me, the greatest moment in sports.

2 Likes

Oh man, sad but true. I’m honestly expecting Boxer’s coming out in ‘Bubble Wrap’ so the combatants wouldn’t get hurt! Or Skiers would make the jumps into pools of Foam balls! Heysus and his band of Brothers! We’re raising generations of whimps.
In NYC back when I was a kid they built Monkey Bars on Concrete!, You lost layers of skin on the Sliding boards in the NY Summers! and you built REAL TRUST with your friends Trusting them NOT to jump off the see saw when you were on the high side!
(Probably brought up on charges if kids tried that today)

4 Likes

‘Miracle on Ice’ right!
THAT was the bomb!
Healthy respect
Camaraderie
TEAM togetherness
TALENT!
At the end shake hands center Ice, Job well done!

Where is that Today?
A Foreign Soccer team flew a Drone over the Competition and got caught! JUST PLAY your
best1 Does everyone have to cheat these days? Pathetic.

7 Likes

In one of our parks, the legs of the swings were not anchored in cement but were just set on the ground. 2 sections of 2 swings in each section. We kids would swing as close to in unison as we could to make the legs leave the ground. We never got it to tip over but we sometimes got the legs a foot off the ground. How we managed to survive childhood, I’ll never know. It was a VERY rare occasion when any boy in my grammar school showed up without scrapes, cuts or bruises, none of which were the results of “abuse”, but were the results of following our instructions to “go play”,

5 Likes

We jumped as close to the apex of our swing as possible to see who could jump the farthest.

4 Likes

We did, too. And yet, we SOMEHOW managed to survive. Even if we got hurt, the first priority was to see if anyone was watching. If anyone asked “Are you OK?”. the response “yeah. Let’s do it again!”

4 Likes

Speaking of the Olympics, karma really IS a thing, and it really IS a bitch!

5 Likes

IMG_4582

7 Likes

In another thread I posted some of this and they (reporters) got it all wrong.
They had it the ‘Tagi’ refused to shake the Bear Jews hand and the Israeli kicked his chops in (I like my version better)
But what REALLY frosts my Waffle’s is there is NO PLACE in the Olympics for shouting that slur @ an opponent.
He should have been expelled over and out.

5 Likes