Obligation to show CCW permit?

Seriously now, here’s how “social club” members carry their undocumented firearms in my neck of the woods.

5 Likes

In California it varies by county. If I get pulled over in Los Angeles I have to disclose.

2 Likes

Hehe thanks brother. I wish a little more sense was more common these days…

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, Ronald! It’s a great community here.

Good point you make, there btw :joy:

2 Likes

And to think there are people out there that will demonize the LEOs for “profiling” the “juvenile” rather than thanking them for making our communities safer. SMH…

4 Likes

NC has a duty to inform, not a duty to show your permit. In that the DL, license plate, and permit are all connected in a database, LEO will already know. That means the officer will already be hyper alert. DO NOT be fumbling about with your hands where they cannot be seen by the approaching officer!

5 Likes

*Hopefully you haven’t seen it because you aren’t around them very much
*Often, they aren’t worried about quick access to the gun, because they are going to choose the time and the place to use it, so they’ll have a few seconds to access it ahead of time, thus deeper concealment is perfectly okay
*Not uncommonly, another person holds it for them until they are going to use it, perhaps a woman has it in her purse or bag and will give it to him when he wants it
*Just carry it in a bag

Just as some examples

3 Likes

Is it “profiling” when the individual is specifically known by the officers as being on probation?

I’m pretty sure profiling isn’t a thing when you personally know the person and their record and their status

4 Likes

I was in Krogers a cpl years ago shopping and a 5 yo kid in his mom’s cart noticed I was carrying. He starts yelling out: mommy, mommy he has a gun! I went about my business and didn’t pay the kid any mind. I figured if I made a scene out of it, it wouldn’t do any good. Also it’s not my job to teach said child. Of course I don’t live in one of the communists states with strict gun laws.

His mom didn’t make a big deal out of it and I didn’t either was a good enough lesson.

2 Likes

And as this thread moves on, a reminder that Duty to Inform refers only to your duty to law enforcement officers, not to pushy idiot strangers.

8 Likes

I don’t live in a gun control state (Thank the Lord) but totally agree with your statement about exposure. Summer wear to me is the most challenging time for proper CCW technique. I usually wear a long sleeve T, shorts and sneakers. I abdomen carry for comfort but it can get pretty sweaty. It’s when I’m really sweating that there is a tendency for my gun to print but so far no one has noticed. Most people here assume you carry so it’s not a big deal. But in a state like Cali it must feel like the end of the world to be caught printing or worse.

2 Likes

White Supremacy?

1 Like

If anyone has ever noticed that I’m carrying, they’ve never said anything. By the way, since the Second Amendment is the law of the land, why do we put up with this “permit garbage”? After all, “Keep and Bear” does mean, Possess and Carry with you. Any special rules added to it is an “Infringement” on it. Back to the topic. When armed criminals are arrested and tried, gun violations are routinely plea bargained away, or just dropped. Criminals don’t get charged with not having a permit, or not showing it to someone who detects a gun on them. They also don’t get charged if their illegal gun “prints” on their clothing. Government has become the biggest violator of the law there is in the U.S.A. Government has put criminals, drug cartels, and illegal alien trash, above law obeying U.S…Citizens. That’s right, I said “Trash”. They’re not here “for a better life”. They’re invaders, and they are here to get free stuff, and commit crimes. They are enemy combatants, they know what they’re doing and it’s not fitting that they should be here and be alive at the same time. For now, I won’t show my “permit” to anyone except a police officer, and I’ll be on high alert when and if I do so. Why? The police have been polluted. They arrest law obeying U.S.Citizens who defend themselves, and then they obey “stand-down” orders during antifa/blm/antisemite riots. In short, the Union-boy police protect our enemies.

4 Likes

Great points, Brad!