New member please help guide me

@Justin47

5 Likes

Yeah… this is the sign every new member should look for…

:crazy_face:
sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
… but if you see this one :money_mouth_face: it mean “no more free advices”

Happy reading !!! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I will do a bio this weekend

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: told you he was crazy :crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Lol… not crazy and I will figure it all out

4 Likes

No @Jerzees is the founder and president of our club… :shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face: don’t tell anyone

4 Likes

I think, the most important for you now may be the top part of the Community:

A_20200909_06

You will see notification next to your “avatar”:

1. if someone answers to your thread,
  2. if someone replays to your post
  3. if someone “quotes” you
  4. if someone tags your name: @Scott161

You will also see if there is a new post or something you haven’t read yet.
Look at “Latest” from time to time. Whatever is missed, can be found there.

:+1:t2:

5 Likes

We can treat this as test for @Scott161… He eventually find it :wink:

4 Likes

Ok I feel like this is a newbie hazing lol… all good I hope

8 Likes

Sometimes it is hard to separate fact from fish story when it comes to @Jerzees but we still like him (most of the time).

6 Likes

Welcome to our happy and EXTREMELY helpful family brother. You said you like reading printed things, there are plenty of books you can get, or just print out the PDF files.

The nice thing is, we are from a multitude of back grounds and sometimes we differ greatly in opinions. But, you rest assured that our opinions will sound good or not so good. But at least, you can get both sides of the coin and draw your poem conclusions.

First thing I would suggest is getting a laser bullet for dry firing exercises like one of these…

It’s much cheaper than the pistols and you get to use your accrual firearm. I use them for both my 1911 and SIG.

4 Likes

:relaxed:

I’m not sure if “fish story” means something bad… but if I don’t use :crazy_face:, that means it’s the truth.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… oops… :grinning:

4 Likes

Ok I’m new but I think I get it… lol

4 Likes

Hey, don’t drag me into this. I’m just lurking here.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be here.

3 Likes

Let’s start with coverage level then go from there. But make sure you have no personally identifiable info.

4 Likes

Welcome @Scott161! There’s also a New User Guide that will give you tips and tricks for navigating this platform.

You should see a few how-to posts available on that page as well!

Thanks to everyone who jumped in and helped Scott out last night!

8 Likes

Just start looking around & see what’s what & you’ll figure it out, my friend. Welcome & you’re on the best all around forum for protecting you & your loved ones while staying safe. God Bless

6 Likes

Welcome Scott, As you’ve learned everyone is here to assist. As many have pointed out, on the forum, most everything can be discussed. As far as your other benefits, you have lots of great gear you can buy in the online store, there’s a great map to show you what various state’s reciprocity is for concealed carry, and lots more.

In the forums, we all tend to try and offer reasonable advice…sometimes marginally useful and answer any questions you might have so feel free to check out past postings and you can look up topics using the search field (magnifier) at the top right side. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help Scott.
I’m new here also, so it wasn’t just him you helped.
:grinning::+1:t2:

5 Likes