New impending laws and Red Flags laws

With the new laws about to be implemented ,I and others have big concerns. I especially worry about Red Flag laws. I want USCCA to be more proactive in coverage and defense of members who are charged and weapons confiscated under these unconstitutional laws. This is the new battleground for the 2nd amendment and our gun rights. I would like to see USCCA take the lead on this.

14 Likes

USCCA has legal fund that members can apply to, but, I agree that it should be in the policy-- or perhaps another $5 bucks a month.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/about/foundation/

8 Likes

@James_R4 Welcome to the community. :us:
Here is a link to the political arm of USCCA.

6 Likes

Yes, in the meantime, be cool, love thy family and neighbors, follow the rule of law, and sleep like a baby.

6 Likes

Be careful not to upset anyone, especially your neighbors. One disgruntled person who wants to get back at you by telling a lie related to firearms, can ruin your life.
I have personal experience of this.

3 Likes

The problem with this program as I see it is, after your guns are confiscated you will have a hearing in fourteen days. That is not enough time to apply for help, get a lawyer , get a psychological evaluation by an outside doctor, and mount a defense. We need protection and access to a lawyer immediately, preferably while the cops are at the door.

4 Likes

Link will not load for me

There are laws all across the country that are being ignored or not enforced. There is even a refusal to prosecute many of the laws that are enforced. So basically criminals get a free pass.

However, any laws regarding firearms will be used and abused unless serious safeguards are put in place. The anti-2A crowd will oppose any limitations on firearm laws to further their agenda. That’s why there needs to be some intelligent, unbiased lawmakers drafting the legislation to narrow its use. They need to be held accountable for writing laws that infringe on peoples rights for the sake of expediency. This will affect the law abiding citizens and they will not get a free pass.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

USSCA tried to teach me not to reveal that one has a firearm. I ought listen.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Unfortunately just one of many senecios which will happen with red flag laws. How many ex-spouses will report their former spouse because he has a hunting rifle, neighbors who are unhappy with you, or a number of other possibilities. Red flag laws are the latest attempt to end run the 2nd Amendment.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing Armed Scholar. He puts out a lot of good info.

I used to follow him but eventually grew tired of his style.

This one as worth the listen!

2 Likes

As though there were not enough reasons to play nice. Another lesson, “keep in the down low”. Try to be smart about it. We are not teens.

1 Like

What does your post have to do with the post you replied to? And your last statement, “We are not teens”??? The flowchart is accurate.

1 Like

The latest email from SGAmmo had this interesting tidbit. Take with a grain of salt, I have not heard it anywhere else (yet), and it seems like speculation from interested parties.

(Emphasis mine)

There has been a major rush of sales for M855 type ammo (as well as all 5.56 ammo in general) after the news broke last week that the US government may order the management of Lake City Army Ammunition Plant to discontinue sales of M855 type to the commercial market. While my sources still say that is not definite, it is probable, and could lead to major shortages on 5.56 ammo in general. To me as well as some of the in-the-know people I have discussed this with, the major concern is that the government may also force the BATF to pull the armor piercing exemption for M855 ammo that allows M855 and SS109 type ammo to be legally sold by various factories operating in the US commercial market. That would end supply from all manufacturers that produce this type of ammo for the US commercial market and cripple supply on 5.56 ammo in a way that may take several years to repair.

It would not surprise me if true, the ATF has shown no qualms about re-interpreting laws as they see fit (see recent trigger activity) or rescinding past declarations (see pistol activity). This would be a way for anti-gunners to make it vastly more difficult for legal gun-owners without actually having to pass any laws through congress.

3 Likes

@Harvey, check out @George98 video on this thread, it is all over the internet:

6 Likes

I would pay extra for that kind of coverage.

1 Like