More women on the range

@TLK My boys are on the way here from Tennessee and will be here tomorrow. They both want to go to the range with me. I just texted them this and told them they better be able to quote this in advance… or no range time.

3 Likes

The other things we need are women instructors, Cindy is in demand running women’s only classes, I have trained one woman but here in mid -Florida we could use more good ones.
Bill

2 Likes

My wife shoots and has a CPL. The local indoor range has a ladies night Friday nights where range time is half off for women. More women need to shoot. More everyone needs to shoot, and shoot more often.

1 Like

Cindy and I do M/F classes together but she also does a couple women’s only classes a month here in mid-Florida, they are full every class. She said every class there are questions that would not have been asked if a man was present. We need more female instructors!

1 Like

I am very happy and proud that my wife took interest in learning about firearms after I bought my latest handgun (Sig P320 compact 9mm) and got my PA and FL carry permits. She began to shoot at the range with me and eventually purchased a Walther PPS M2 9mm handgun for herself. Now she has her PA carry permit as well. I am proud of her and I am glad that I can share these interests with her.

1 Like

I have taken six women to the outdoor range in the last two years, I buy a family membership so I can bring more guests.
I like to bring 4 or 5 different guns, a revolver, semi auto pistol, pump shotgun and semi auto rifle (AK47).
I allow them to handle and dry fire each one and show how to load and unload each one and then live fire one at a time.
After we go through each firearm I let them shoot the one they like the most as much as they want.
The smallest young women (90lbs.wet) liked the AK the most, go figure. :thinking:
Two have gotten their CCW and one bought a pump shotgun. :+1:
Two had never fired a gun before and two had fired their husbands Deer rifles. (Think, watch what happens when my wife shoots my 30-06 for the first time) :roll_eyes: and laugh like Hyenas. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like