Memes that don’t fit elsewhere II (NO Politics) (Part 2)

Yep. Enlisted at the outset in 1939. Unfortunately taken prisoner by the Germans on the island of Crete in 1941 and was a POW in Germany until 1945. He was treated badly which aged him a lot. Before he enlisted he was a heavyweight boxer, so he didn’t take crap from the guards.

5 Likes

4 Likes

If cut and polished, coprolites are actually pretty, and you can tell the difference between herbivorous poo and carniverous poo.

I have some.

2 Likes

Rommel wanted some aussies to fight with him in the dessert. greatly respected them.

2 Likes

George Carlin had a skit about watching artificial poo in the window while walking to school. Also someone is selling artificial cow patties for your model railroad, I sh*t you not.

1 Like

19 Likes
  1. The Jewel Tea man
  2. Orange Crush and soda bottles in a cooler outside the Hardware store - payment on honor system
  3. Glass thermos in your lunchbox (Roy Rodgers, Red Ryder)
  4. Movie theater talent contests at intermission
    …and I remember playing in the dirt on a vacant lot
8 Likes

And we LIKED IT!

5 Likes

18 of 20.
#3 used it in 3rd grade.
$5 remember when Coke added a second coin box for pennies on the front when price went from 5 to 6 cents.
#6 watched it in COLOR because neighbor girl’s dad had first RCA color tv in the neighborhood.
#9 got in trouble for listening to other folks’ calls.
#15 we were in the MOhawk exchange, and downtown stores in the FRanklin exchange.
#16 Saw the pilot for the show which was a two-part episode of the Danny Thomas show (Sheriff Taylor arrested Danny for speeding through Mayberry).
#17 we had three drugstores within walking distance with soda fountains. Cherry Coke was the favorite choice at B&G Drug; Grapette Float at Country Club Drug.
#19 We had S&H, but mainly collected competitor Top Value stamps, used to buy my first tennis racket.

No on #1, #10.

5 Likes

I must be a whippersnapper. I can’t remember what I did yesterday.

4 Likes

Given some of the stuff we did “back in the day” it’s a miracle I lived to make it to 6th grade.

8 Likes

19 Likes

12 Likes

#25 Ice boxes not refrigerators.
#26 DC electricity. Had to put quarters in the meter.
#27 Washboards.
#28 Formations of B17 bombers.
#29 Rationing.
#30 Dad was in the South Pacific.

6 Likes

#31 Rexall Drug Store
#32 Sprouse-Reitz
#33 Filler er up and check the oil?

6 Likes

I still get BlackJack when we go to Cracker Barrel. I remember all of them, but we used Brylcreem instead of Butch Wax.

6 Likes

12 Likes

My Dad always spoke highly of the time he spent in Australia on his way to the Philippines!

11 Likes

“A Little Dab Will Do Ya”

4 Likes

#34 The Wheel

4 Likes