Memes that don’t fit elsewhere II (NO Politics) (Part 1)

5 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes

15 Likes

12 Likes

168602073_1191043251315218_2286709968080531233_n

15 Likes

14 Likes

…a lot of handling, some not all too gentle!

2 Likes

c803d8e18a90023f

15 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes

We used to send our FNGs after a bucket of steam or a metric crescent wrench. Remember those @Scott52 ?? Good times!

6 Likes

I remember it well. I also remember sending a kid out to find “relative bearing grease”. Kid was UA for two days and arrives back with a can of Bearing Grease. Guess he was just following orders. Never did get my bowl of steam or my letters from the mail buoy!
Can’t imagine what it must be like today, probably be court-martialed for more then 50’ of chow line!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

17 Likes

There was a LOT of stuff we pulled on submarines (1974 - 1983) that wouldn’t fly today… :grin:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Michael977 :+1:

1 Like

What boat?

2 Likes

If you are talking about Native Americans then I must point out that America was born like ALL nations were born on the face of the planet and that is by first conquering the people who are there. I know that sounds bad but it is truth. It is what it is. All these people screaming about restoring them with what was taken from them then there is nothing stopping them from giving them their lands and possessions and moving out of the country or trading places with them on reservations. The American Indians did get a good deal with the reservations.

If you are talking about slavery then that’s another subject. The British introduced that to the colonies and it took quite a while to come out of that. Even fought a war amongst ourselves but come out of it we did. Slavery is not a new concept, it has been around since man has been on the planet. But we as America dealt with it better than any other country has. Everyone in America is afforded the same opportunities as everyone else. None of these so-called “equal rights leaders” live by the creed the equal rights movement was founded on “Content of character not color of skin”. They want the exact opposite of that and that is racism in itself.

Sorry I rambled but I’m getting old.

8 Likes

Welcome @Michael977 !

3 Likes

I was on USS Omaha (SSN692) from ‘76 to ‘81 and USS Baltimore (SSN704) from ‘81 to ‘83.

4 Likes