Less lethal & effective?

Patriots, tell me if this is good idea or not.
Mom wanted a pistol due to an incident few months ago. Some “bubba” had road rage attitude and started to approach mom’s vehicle. Luckily Colt & Remington (2 pit bull grand babies) were in the car at the time. I took her to local shop & bought her a Ruger LCP. Been thinking mom would be better off legally if she just sprayed the guy in his eyes with WD-40 or some carb cleaner like a spitting cobra. That stuff in your eye would take the fight out of anyone immediately? Yes/ No

She may be sued if she blinded him with the chemicals. Get her some bear spray. :+1:

1 Like

WD 40 might just piss them off more. I use this REALLY NASTY stuff. It’s gel and shoots a nice stream at a distance…

3 Likes

Less lethal can be a tricky situation. I’ll preface this by saying I am in no way a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. One large thing to consider is that in both criminal and civil courts we hear about it if a cop skips the use of his taser and switches directly to lethal force. What I would be concerned about, is the headaches and questions that come along with having a less lethal, as well as, a lethal weapon on me in a situation. Just my personal opinion.

I had given some thought to bear & pepper sprays only because it’s my understanding they may take a minute or two to become effective. My way of thought is blind isn’t dead. Mom is almost 70 & we reside in MO. so a jury may consider criminal vs. elderly women angle.

1 Like

Nor did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express! Lol

1 Like

Definitely not lol. Glad someone got the reference.

1 Like

@Kerry12 You are correct, disparity of force. @DarkHorse68 I always carry “less lethal” pepper spray and a large folding knife along with my pistol. I have choices. :+1:

3 Likes

People react differently to pepper spray. Most folks react pretty quickly, either instantly or within a few seconds. Some folks may take up to 30secs to react. There is a tiny fraction of people who are immune to it. And there are some folks who have built up a tolerance (criminals frequently get it). It is likely the best non-lethal option though. I would not recommend using WD40 or some other improvised weapon when you aren’t actually improvising.

It’s also good to remember that most of the time if a road rager gets out of their vehicle to confront you the best option is to drive off. You are pretty safe inside your car unless they have a tire iron or something to break glass. And as long as they are outside the car yelling and pounding on your hood you are in no real danger. If possible record video and get 911 on the phone.

2 Likes

Back when my only transportation was a bicycle I used ammonia in a water pistol to keep the dogs off of me. Yep! It works

2 Likes