Is there EVER a good time to brandish a weapon?

Great advice, Salute

2 Likes

Great advice. Salute

2 Likes

I was charged with so called Brandishing in Wa.State in 2019,was on closed front porch,no where to go,didnt even know what it was all about,he came into my space and he was ranting and raving and cold not understand what he was saying and I assure you I was not brandishing at all,I was deadly serious in thet he wasnt coming closer,but thanks to USSCA I got representation,and my self training paid off,it was the laser between his eyes that stopped him

9 Likes

@Jovan >> only when your going to fire it.

3 Likes

oh,believe me If he took another step forward there was no I would have fired after the 3rd stop,gave him 3 chances and after I lit him up with the laser,he realized he had made a mistake and left,if he hadnt it was his choice all three times, heck even the LEO said it was BS and were really friendly to me and USCCA came through for me

7 Likes

@Layton Thanks for sharing, all members need to hear stories like yours. :us:

5 Likes

Thanks for the response Bruce,thing it was not a shouda, wouuda.couda moment,I doubt if it even lasted 5 minutes,when he slid his wheels on the gravel and slung his door open and st5arted shouting and screaming at me,I was sitting on closed porch with no where to go,so I stood up and went to the edge of the steps and when he came on the side walk I said very plainly to STOP,he took about 5 more steps and I dont even remember drawing my weapon,had it at low ready,and said STOP again, and he then said oh that is the way you want to palay it, and he smiled and came about 5 more steps and I said STOP again and brought my weapon up and lit him up between the eyes and he went cross eyed then looked me in the eyes and he then realized that I was deadly serious and he turned and left, now through all of this,I was calm,cool and colective,recalled later that my weapon never left wavered from his nose,it was just like i remembered from the train i had in Laos from the group I was in and the motor
training that I still do,so in hind sight do I wish i could have done something different? no,I think I performed correctly,you have to consider,this all happened very quick,and if he had taken another step,he would not be here now,but it was all up to him,i had my thumb on the safety and was getting to push down if he took another step and as soon as the safety was off there was no doubt that he was a dead man in my mind,many might say they would do it different but when seconds count you better act instead of react,and yes it was the DA that came up with the Brandishing charge and he wanted a plea from me and my USCCA ATTY accompanied me to a meet with the DA and when he asked if i wanted to plea deal,my atty said the only deal i would plea to was SELF DEFENSE with all rights returned,so the DA asked what I did in service and i answered that I did what ever it took to get the mission done,then he asked if i had ever killed any one,and i told him i did what ever was required to complete the mission he asked what unit i was in and i told him I was under the National securities act,so the next time at court he said he was dismissing all charges due to the jury would find Self defense to the charges,but I was held up there for 4 months,only spent 1 night in lock up,and they put me with the trusties instead of general population,the LEO all told me it was BS and they treated me nice,no complaints there i didnt even have to stand in front of the Judge the bailiff always brought me a chair to sit in and since i am hard of hearing the judge told them to give me a headset

5 Likes

I am glad it went so well for you, some are not so lucky. :us:

2 Likes

Good Heavens. The DA wanted to connect fighting against the enemy with possible unlawful conduct.

The DA just wanted a plea deal so he would look good when election came around,he wanted me to admit that i have shot people so he could claim I was prone to shoot people,and the good thing about USCCA is that I got all my moneys worth for the yearly payments,was worth every penny of it for sure,the next day when i went to court the Judge released me with no bail and that evening i met the USCCA Atty and we went to the races for the next 4 months, did not get bact to Texas,Humble til Feb 2nd of 2o2o

7 Likes