Independence Day Traditions

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA
I stay home with my family and we pray together to heal this nation and talk on how to prepare ourselves for a civil war. I always pray for peace but prepare for war.I’m grateful for all this great nation has given me and I will stand for the flag, kneel before god and I will defend myself at all costs!

4 Likes

Spend the day remembering my service and why I served. What a great country

4 Likes

Working the night shift in the ER. Fun and games for all.

3 Likes

For years my son and I would march in local 4th of July Parades firing either my Brown Bess or other muskets. My son is now 5th generation Navy stationed on a ship in Japan so we don’t get a chance to do that now.
Recently we sit on our sailboat and watch the local fireworks over our harbor. You can feel them right through the hull.
God Bless the USA

1 Like

Every 4th & veteran’s day. We would get together with my dad & uncle with the family. Now that my dad, uncle have past, the daughters & sons are scattered, we still Honor our country and thank my dad & uncle (WWII veterans).

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @James563 and God bless you.

2 Likes

Amen sister @Christine1 and remember Gods got your back.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @rgkpub and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @osocom4784 and you are in the right place at the right time.

Welcome to the family brother @MICHAEL864 and thank you and your son for your service to our country.

Welcome to the family brother @William930 and God bless you.

Our small northern MI lake has the 3rd annual boat :canoe: parade today. The neighbors decorate their crafts and we all join up to share and compare. A local dj will be spinning the tunes from his electric powered swim platform.
This year, those that want to are gathering for refreshments afterwards.
A wonderful neighborhood on a private overrun with fish, with overfed loons on a spring fed crystal clear stage.

1 Like

I remember every Fourth of July my uncles would buy M- 80s and block busters and we would light them up underneath hubcaps and they would fly hundreds of feet in the air when they exploded. We did it on an open field this way we knew that they wouldn’t come down on anyone. Then everyone in the family would bring a dish and we would all eat. Those were the good all days.

3 Likes

…hopefully not relying on the hubcaps for plates :wink:

2 Likes

Lol :joy: good one brother @Paul008 :+1::+1:

1 Like

back yard range with family then a cook out always a good time

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Jim114 and you are blessed to be here.

We live in Florida in a mobile home park on the river that has a clubhouse, large open common area, pool, and boat launch and docks. every year for the past 14 years we have a huge community get together where we all meet in the common area, Bar-B-Q, have water slides for the kids, and mingle. The best part, to me, is we have a flag retirement ceremony where Old Glory is retired with a ceremony that honors the history and is shown the respect it deserves. I believe it is the same ceremony the VFW uses as well. We usually have 10 to 15 flags to retire and each flag takes two people to perform it. We include the younger generations and teach them the history of our great nation and flag. It also includes us 'ole vets and remembers the sacrifice of those that did not come home so we could celebrate this day.

3 Likes

Food, family and firearms.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Ralph90 and God bless you.

1 Like