In the dog house....again

When I first started with firearms four years it was with a S&W Governor. When I started with semi-automatics my wife started hearing strange noises from the dryer, You guessed it - spent casings in my clothes. Last week I put five rags dirty from cleaning my guns in the wash. My wife’s clothes came out smelling like Hoppes #9 and I made it worse saying it smells great. In my defense I did ask my wife first if I could put the rags in the wash. Live and learn.

16 Likes

Wow! Sorry to hear you’re in the dog house. I know my wife looks at me funny every time I get ready to wash my dirty rags. I’m surprised she doesn’t make me go to the laundromat to clean them.

4 Likes

I guess that is why I toss the used rags…didn’t know I was saving myself from more WTH’s

6 Likes

I buy a bag of microfiber cloths from the auto parts store so I can just pitch’em. I don’t need unnecessary headache. There’s no winning an argument with the wife. Again, practice situational awareness and avoidance, even in your own home.

7 Likes

Do you use 45 acp with moon clips in it very often?

1 Like

Yes I do but I rarely shoot that gun. I made a extractor from 1/2" copper pipe and use the needle nose pliers from my Leatherman to insert the bullets. The only times I use that gun is on the anniversary on my friends death who willed the gun to me and when I take new shooters to the range and let them try different calipers starting with 22LR. Fun to shoot with 410 shot gun loads. I also let newbies compare that that revolver to my North American mini revolver.

3 Likes

I spilled a quart of hoppes bore cleaner and the wife didn’t mind. Janice actually likes the smell of Ballistol. I do my own laundry and find putting boresnakes in a sock works pretty well, until untangling time anyways.
After 40 years together, we don’t sweat the petty stuff.

1 Like

Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things. – George Carlin

4 Likes