I have been considering getting a .22 semiauto to get more practice in. Is it worth it?

Very strong agree!

Extra training tool I like: 100% inert training pistols … I got one as a referral bonus from USCCA, it’s a Glock 17G4 copy I believe, pretty much direct mold from a Glock 17 G4. I like to use it in drills involving disarming or demonstrating certain techniques.

At least working with newer owners, I have found that for things that it works for, eliminating the “real gun” to teach a concept can facilitate better learning as the “real gun” for that time, can be a “distraction” … whether it’s discomfort (just not being around guns or their own gun enough yet!), or excitement, get the learning done without that distraction.

2 Likes

Great idea!, a .22 is ood for just about anything and will save you tons of money on ammo. Despite what others may think, I use my 22 for shooting, practice as well as self defense. The best 22 ammo I have found to use is CCI Stinger, the velocity is very high 1600+. Some may disagree however nobody would want to get shot with one.

4 Likes

@TheProtector, no reason to disagree… everyone does what works best for him. :+1:

2 Likes

Most of the 22 i would get like a higher velocity ammo so that helps alot that that brand makes one so high

1 Like

I’ve been “hunting” for this forever. Federal Model 720 UPC: 604544621419 .22 LR HP 40GR HUNTER MATCH 50/100

1 Like

I also try to stockpile CCI Stinger when I can. I figure it’s probably the best i can do in terms of accuracy/precision to cost-benefit, and maintain a decent stock. Plenty of more “capable and accepted” calibers for defense, but I like to have my stockpile of .22’s for the Mk IV Tactical and this strange CZ 455 I have… Both of which would be quite capable if necessary.

See strange CZ 455 Varmint.

3 Likes

Starange BUT SUPER SWEET! I like it as strange as it is looks … Looks built very well!

1 Like