Hunting sidearm

For Hunting purposes as I stated well above I have a 41 Magnum Ruger Blackhawk in a custom drop leg holster. That said I have recently come into possession of an LAR Grizzly in 45 Win Mag which I may start carrying while hunting once I can get some good ammo data on it. I’d also like to get a holster that fits it better than the Bianchi UM-84 which I happen to have a lot of experience with so it’s not a bad option but not preferred. I may have to start doing leather work as the shops locally have BUMPKIS for heavy duty hide. I may even “GULP” play with Kydex if I have to. I REQUIRE a thumb break on a 1911 framed ANYTHING.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

This thread seems to have split in two directions. In the field hunting, fishing anything outdoors I carry a S&W mod 58, 41mag, it will get whatever needs done if I do my part.
If I am handgun hunting it depends on the prey and field conditions. I have a TC contender in 375jdj that will drop anything on Four legs but also a 243win hand rifle and several 44mags, 460S&W, 45lc and 357s. If I am face to face with a grizzly or an adrenaline pumped boar; no matter what I have…all I want is to be in the next county instantly lol

4 Likes

I agree. If hunting you already have a formidable weapon likely to be able to handle any “critter” that may try and challenge you for your kill. Only protection you may need otherwise would be from poachers or other 2 legged pests.

When hiking, not hunting, depending on location, people or perhaps bears, I will decide between .44 mag or 9mm/.45acp.

2 Likes

Glock 20 10mm.

2 Likes