Hello to all out there. Question

I think you made a great choice. In fact I have a Mossberg 88 which is not quite as good looking as yours but it holds 10 rounds. I mounted a light on it just so I don’t shoot someone like my wife. The only problem is which one to pick up…the 88 or the G26. They both are within arms reach. As far as ammo for the 88 goes, I use single O buck. It’s not quite as strong as double O buck and has more pellets, less likely to go through a wall and more likely to hit the target while still asleep at 3am.

1 Like

Speaking of longer screws for the door…Have you ever seen the Door Bull? I bought one and it comes with 3" screws to replace your regular short screws with. Made out of machined aluminum and should give you an added few seconds to get your act together in case someone is trying to break your door down.

1 Like

I have seen a couple heavy duty doors but don’t recall the Door Bull. I’ll need to look into that. Thanks.

1 Like

Welcome to the family and god bless you

The opposite would be “Conceited”. It’s real easy to copy and paste verbatim from Google. :thinking:

1 Like

I’m ready if trump don’t win! And the world goes to shit! Just saying

3 Likes

Yup. With extras to pass out to trusted others. :+1:

2 Likes

@BRUCE26
What do you mean? Copy and paste what from Google?

2 Likes

@Wood I thought you were referring to the post above your last post. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

:grinning: LOL! Naaa. Was referring to the OP asking if he was “good to go” with what he had. I should have been more clear. Sorry to cause confusion. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

A couple of things I’ll throught out based on my own experiences and thoughts… and feel free to disagree with me and take your own path as these are just ramblings and musing for discussion and consideration.

The Shockwave is a great gun at its core. However, recoil can be tough to manage if you need to get off multiple shots. I started with 00 buck in mine at the range, and found it to be a bit tough to handle. I found #4 buck MUCH more manageable and for the ultimate in managing recoil I like the Aguila minishells in buckshot. The minishells run quite well in the shockwave with an adapter(available online) and it allows for more capacity (8) without modification of the gun (the adapter is a simple push in device). Between a shell holder mounted on the side of the gun and the internal capacity, I have 20 rounds at hand. And my wife can handle the recoil from the mini shells if necessary.

But with regards to the shockwave, pay attention to the current rumblings in the ATF. They’re cracking down through policy adjustments and have already ‘gone after’ pistol braces (search for the letters to Q for more info) and there are hints that the Shockwave and others may be on their radar as an undefined ‘firearm’ in the future. Awareness is important as they could require a tax stamp or make other changes that impact owners of the shockwave in the future.

As for what to use for home defense in most situations, the number of intruders tends to be low and the vast majority of burglars don’t want a confrontation of any kind. That being said, use what you’re comfortable and effective with while following good gun and shooting safety based on the layout of your home and anticipated engagement locations. If occupied bedrooms are likely behind where intruders would likely be choosing ammo to avoid over-penetration is critical. It’s something I’ve taken into account in my own home. I’ve also considered the possibility of penetration through exterior walls and windows to other structures and homes nearby.

As usual, training, conflict avoidance, and other items apply as well. And something I always consider is this. If there is a shooting and the police show up, will my tools appear to be overly aggressive or tactical in nature to them and/or a jury? I specifically chose a wood stock shockwave to avoid the tactical appearance if I’m called upon to use it. As sad as it is to have to think about every ramification from defending yourself and your family, it was something I took into account when I was selecting some of my tools. But I have to admit, that rig looks impressive as hell. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Al1,
I checked it out and will get one if nothing more than to just test it on an old door in the barn. It looks promising. Thanks for the tip.
Stone

1 Like

What you getting

1 Like

My son has one of those shotguns and wouldn’t let this old man talk him out of it !!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve got a good start on the weapons but have you made a plan of action for your house? If someone breaks your front door down, do you know where you’re going to ambush from? Make a password so that when you say it, your family doesn’t question but beats feet to a preplanned staging area. PW to say all clear, it safe to come out. Have any other weapons staged so if you have to move, you move towards another ambush point with another weapon and/or more ammo. Does everybody have a cell, if possible, so they can call 911 and so you can contact them to find out how they are and give further directions if needed. Remember, a gun on you is better than the one on the nightstand.

I have guns staged around the house. Everything is loaded and ready for action. If course there are only adults in the house with training and know to leave them alone, not to play with them or move them because I put them there for a reason.

Welcome to the lifestyle, get training and practice. Good luck to you and yours and keep safe.

2 Likes

The Door Bull. Al1 mentioned it in an earlier post and I looked it over on-line. It looks like it could be a good way to add security to a door.

1 Like

KISS.

Just MY OPINION. Keep It Simple Stupid. I am being critical in an understanding, fatherly way… I think all new firearms owners go through this phase of more is better.

Remember the old saying: “FEAR the man who owns one gun, he probably knows how to use it.”

Do you want all that weight? How does it affect maneuverability? How much energy is left in the lights battery.

Ever notice how the IMPORTANT things you find on new concealed carry weapons are minimalism? No hammer. Very low profile sights. No gadgets to snag on anything.

If a snowflake were to see someone with all those accessories on the shotgun they may just roll over and die in horror without a shot fired. What it tells me is you are new to the game, exploring and not near the threat you might be otherwise.

I dont mean to be mean. I am a simple man. I am trying to give you a head start and save you a lot of money. Yeh, its fun when you are new. BUT, when I need a hammer, I dont need a flashlight on it and it dosent have to have some unconventional handle.

Plaese take this criticism with a grain of salt. This is just my opinion. I did the same as you the first few years I owned guns. I am just trying to be honest and help.

Back to my point: “FEAR the man who owns one gun, he probably knows how to use it.” Spend your money on training and ammo to train with.

1 Like
1 Like

Ow well there awesome I love mine! Wouldn’t trade it for anything 20201105_211142|375x500

1 Like

yeah Buddy I have brace kit but took it off for some shooting I did other day

2 Likes