Head shots

And here 24/7…hahahahaha…LMAO

Look Sir,
We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot here.
All I said is I’m not up for a debate here on this. If I had a choice
my inclination is to NOT HAVE A GUNFIGHT. My Training is to
listen to the Masters and ‘The best gunfight is the one you don’t have’.
Or something like that (Mr.Ayoob) ‘If you get in a Gunfight your Tactics suck’
that was Clint Smith–Thunder Ranch.
What I 've been saying in this discussion–which YES I know is a dueling
discussion. I am perfectly aware of what I post and where I post them. I also stand
behind every word I write. And I will state it again for the record.
‘IF’ I am involved in a Gunfight , I will (if possible) end it as fast as I can. ‘IF’ that
means a Head Shot then I will take it. I will not shoot to wound. This attacker(s) came @ me
and I will end it. Justifiable on my part. I’m no loose cannon. I AM Controlled and Trained.
My entire history is to Protect not destroy. But I will also defend. LEGALLY, By the BOOK.
All I said was We agree to disagree
Where did I say to shut up? and that I owned anything here?
YOU say 'Don’t go there now who sounds pissy?
I did say Have a Nice day (and meant it)
So, Have a Nice day Bruh.

2 Likes

You started off good, almost won me over but ended up shi–y BRUH. Whoops, sorry all.
You can insult using a nice way of putting IT, as you tried. All good…now let me get the rest of this piss out of my bladder. Since we r on the slang side of being pissy, right bruh. Peep this…who evah you are, what evah your training is or was, good for you. Cowboy up, Terminate 'em, do yur thang man. Now Mr. Head shot talks about avoidance. You dont sound like the avoidance type, naaah. As I said before, if attacked you have to do whats best for you, whatevah you see fit. But the matter will be investigated, thats all… USCCA here.
1.Right to protect life and limb
2.Freedom of speech
3.Right to bare arms
Now who sounds like they want to debate. Remember, if ya dont like it, ya dont have ta respond, u can ignore it, Im good,24/7
So yeah, lets not,ah’ight.
And when I say be safe, I mean it.
Aaaahhhh…flush and washed😉

En Garde I took a head shot in a video scenario and didn’t know I did it. I practice head shots when I practice just not as much as double taps to center mass.

1 Like

None of us have ever stated such. As to armed or not, that may or may not matter depending on the situation. Many people have been killed by those that were “unarmed”. Age/physical and numerical disparities also are issues. You clearly have no idea who you are posting these comments to. Many here have decades of learning about self-defense and shooting. Many here are current/former LE and/or military.

We get to play mental chess here, but when it’s real, there can only be action. Self-defense is not just an idea. You must be mentally prepared to do whatever it takes to win. At that moment there cannot be any mental debate on whether you shoot center-mass or anywhere else the opportunity to stop the threat exists. Saving the assailant cannot be in your thoughts at that moment, it certainly isn’t in the mind of the assailant. If you survive the assault, you need to focus on calling the police to report the incident and securing legal aid. After that, you can attend to the perp, but injured is not dead, so the perp can still be dangerous.

Don is former military and he has been in numerous firefights. He has lost body parts in defense of our nation, and almost his life on more than one occasion. He is an extremely nice guy. You will find that many of the “nice guys” here have literally “been there, done that” and really do not want to do it again, but they will if it must be done. A smart person would heed their advice when it’s one’s own life on the line, but it is your choice not to.

As oft-said here, the best won fight is one you did not have. But if the fight comes to you, you must win it; it’s your life.

13 Likes

Nobody is better trained in combat than a military or law enforcement expert…clearly you do think your talking to an idiot. I can take an insult, can you?
You think your average citizen is or something? Or maybe this USCCA stuff is just for combat experts?
I AM NOT SAYING DONT PROTECT YOURSELF! YOU GOT IT WRONG! ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT IN THE GAME OF SELF DEFENSE, YOUR LIFE DOES COMES FIRST BUT DONT THINK THAT ITS A SHOOT’EM DOWN END OF STORY ALL THE TIME. THE LAW, WHICH IS WHY WE ARE USCCA MEMBERS RIGHT, MAY FIND YOU AT FAULT IF YOUR ACTIONS SEEMS UNREASONABLE. That means prison time, for U!

1. Have YOU ever heard of court-martial
  2. HOW ABOUT RULES OF ENGAGEMENT got-dam it.
  3. Its the same for your average citizen in a court of law, which is why we are USCCA members, right!
    4.You do have to pre-think scenarios, dont they train combat experts to think the same, or maybe they teach you to just hot-dog it and run in a situation and just shoot! Wouldnt that get you hit or killed or court martialed, as many have been.
    I have military people in my life, my grand father ARMY deceased, my mother and father inlaw ARMY retired, my best bud ex MARINE…got-dog it!
    You know me or sumthin buddy? And let poeple speak for themselves, we are all adults here, right.
    Or maybe Im wasting my breath talking to an idiot.
    OFW…still, be safe and SECURE everyone. And that l do mean as well…:slightly_smiling_face:

The head, as a target, is extremely mobile and would prove to be much more difficult to hit under stress than center mass. Possibly, it could be an option with extensive, dedicated practice but, for me , it would never be my first choice of target unless it was discovered that body armor was being utilized. At that point, desperation would make it acceptable as an option since there is, at that point, the realization that I’m very likely screwed if I miss.

8 Likes

Yeah,
You are right about being screwed if you miss. Head should be the last target we want to hit.
Most of body armors used by civilians don’t cover pelvic area which is as big as center mass and doesn’t bounce as much as head.
The result is the same - you stop the thread permanently, but without questionable headshots.

In dynamic situations lowering the firearm with continuous string of fire is much easier than “Mozambique” shot when you need slow down and think about accuracy.

6 Likes

I would agree sir…

2 Likes

Dynamics of targeting …hit the easiest first (center mass)…

2 Likes

Unless you’re sight falls on the head first.

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

“Your Honor. My client saw the head perfectly aligned with his handgun’s sights. How could he waste the time looking for center mass and do not use the opportunity to take that shot?”

:thinking:

Acquitted. Case closed.

:wink:

4 Likes

Ok…no comment there

3 Likes

And THAT :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: my Brother is all I am talking about, ‘IF’ or when) I would ever get in a fight again AND I had the opportunity for the head shot ( and the lead is flying both ways I WILL TAKE IT. That’s it. I am NOT talking about getting in an argument and popping a guy in the head. Or my first thought when the hairs stand up on my neck and arm’s say to myself "I am going for the head!’ Most times I ‘Center massed’ Even if they have Armor on it stops the attack (Momentarily, usually) for a second because getting punched in the chest is like getting hit with a bat (or maybe two hands pushing you back from forward motion—stunned for a sec.)
My experiences have shown me (as you men have just said ‘Dynamic Targeting’ etc) is
in the old days was called Situational Awareness, focus and ‘In the moment Response’.
Nothing about Gun Fights will ever change except new verbiage.
When you are in a fight (My opinion, experience ONLY) is if you are mentally present you
will not have a choice to plan. ‘I am going to break right, somersault this way or we as a group are going to…’ THAT doesn’t happen. It’s bat sh** crazy and Lightning fast, Usually before you know it, it is over! And you are left standing (Hopefully) saying WTF! Holy SH**! and ‘WPHEW!’ Then you do the Adrenaline dump and you start shaking and possibly light headed crap and you gather yourself up Insert a new mag (if necessary) and Re-Group yourself or your Team. Whatever that situation may be. That is why you have good Comm’s and Hand signals and Head nod’s. That is why you Train-Up so a lot of this crap isn’t being learned real time. You won’t have time. That is why Col. Cooper, Ayoob, and Clint say the best thing to do is avoid a gunfight, the next thing is training up, because when /id you do you won’t have time to plan. (God laughs when we say I have a plan) It all goes out the window when that first round cracks, sizzles, snaps whatever you wish to call hopefully goes past your head.
This isn’t Military talk, speak. This is Reality. USCCA is for EVERYBODY, all ages, Sexes, skill levels etc because AFTER the fact you WILL need Legal help—Guaranteed. no matter what happens after a fight though you need to be ALIVE. A seasoned vet or a brand new Gunner needs to be Alive to win the Legal fight and that is why we Train. If you train up, you have a) a better chance of making great decisions, and b) Not making it worse for yourself after the shoot. Like a shot in the back, or when the threat is down, or a Head shot. But sometimes a Head shot will save the day, and end the terrible fight.
You will NEVER know until you are ‘in the sh**’ Every shoot will be different, all the 'Experts ’ say this.
I AM no expert. But I am alive.

Mi dos pesos.

6 Likes

May that be a blessing to all.

3 Likes

Guilty!..the attacker was unarmed and was shot in the back of the head. 5 to 15 years state prison. Case closed…deputy, take him away.:raised_hand::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::laughing::laughing::laughing:
I can see you now…:grimacing::scream::sob: sooooo​:saluting_face: there bud.
:face_exhaling::face_with_diagonal_mouth::expressionless::roll_eyes:

No … actually shots in the back can be easily explained and won’t be punishable if the shooting was good.

4 Likes

Really?:roll_eyes: Ooooooo-k, so Im going to take that as an L0L, but in any case, oooooooo-kay.

You don’t believe? Somehow I’m not surprised… But everyone has right to believe in own thinking.

3 Likes

Yeah…especially the type of thinking that will land you “go straight to jail,” you do not pass go you do not collect $200. Something that thinking the smart way normally keeps you out of. I said normally, in this cracked up world.
Be safe and smart about whatever you choose to do and pray for the best. May hope be with you.