Gun range bully

3 Likes

The old guy must not have taken his Rumitiz Medicine that day.

6 Likes

My opinion:

Avoidance and de-eselation: They both failed it

This whole thing could and should have been handled with no name calling, no insults, and setting a precedent with the younger shooters that disagreements or accusations or whatever are settled more maturely than this…especially with firearms involved.

15 Likes

I believe in the case that is incorrect Sir.
Not being there myself but reading ‘Suspender Dik’s’ confrontational attitude and
poor lack of any class he wants a fight. He doesn’t wish for a settlement for the (2) parties or
compliance of Range Rules. If It were ME I would hang the jerk up by his suspenders in a far away tree (Duct tape would be involved, definitely Duct Tape it’s in my Range bag). and Call the Range Owners/Management. It’s obvious he’s been antagonistic w/ the Teacher before, bad blood whatever you wish to call it. ‘I’m going to call the cops because you called me an idiot?’ BRING it you old duffer. When/IF the cops ever show they should berate the antagonist for wasting their time on this non-issue, If he is an ‘RO’ there he should be fired immediately and BANNED from setting foot on the Range again. If this idiot kept disturbing my class he may have argued himself into a ‘One Punch Lunch’ But I don’t hit my elders. Gummer-man should just go the phuck away and never be seen again. The Instructor had impressionable new shooters and he handled it well, kept it light. One pointed out they got it all on camera and the instructor didn’t jump on that. He brushed it off. THAT is handling it.
I’m sure there are many other instances where grandpa disturbed the enjoyment of people just Training, Instructing, and having a good time etc.
My Range time is Special to me. Don’t phuck w/ me. You have a problem, see a mistake, ask me for a minute and state your case. You wish to be a dik, you’ll be doing it alone. I’ll march right up to the Manager/Owner and discuss this idiots employment situation. I don’t have the time or the crayons to argue with overzealous/Amateurish Moron’s. You are a ‘Range Officer’ SAFETY is your goal and the safety of all shooters. You are NOT there to antagonize/disrupt anybody’s business. A little power in very small people goes to their head, and they should not be around Guns.
WWG1WGA
You step on my snek, I’ll choke your chicken to death!

4 Likes

You make a valid point. On the one hand, when there is no violence, I call it a win. On the other hand when gentlemen lower themselves to name calling, it’s a fail.

I don’t get the need of the older gentleman to confront. But I don’t get the need of the less older gentleman to name call.

While nothing happened, a wiser use of deescalation and conflict avoidance is in order. If nothing else, it gives the guy a chance to practice that skill set.

6 Likes

Here is the thing…avoidance and de-escalation are most important precisely when you think the other guy is being the jerk.

4 Likes

Look Brother,
I GET IT!, and I GET YOU! You have a valid point (as usual)
BUT! a person continues to have a ‘Run IN’ w/ a ‘serial Sh** stirrer’
You NEED to put a stop to their activities before someone not as nice as me puts
a Bullitt into their stupid ass and ruining their own lives.
I get avoidance/ de-escalation and even tuckin’ tail’ in a lot of situations
(Outnumbered, Family involved, Racial tensions etc)
BUT I deserve to be at that Range as much as the next fella. I paid the freight and deserve
to be on that bus. All I want to be is Left Alone. If you are an angry/stoopid/ Confrontationists
expect to receive Push back! (I guarantee you will not like the result)
I don’t go to my Range to fight, I go to shoot. I don’t like my current range (Indoor) because of disrespectful RO’s. But I have to go because it’s too damn cold right now to go to my favorite Outdoor Cop Shop Range. ( I get free donuts! I love GOOD Cops)
I pay the Fee’s Leave me alone. I don’t know anybody there I wish to socialize with (I have enough on my plate with you people! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:) I am not ‘Allowed’ to move around in my Lane, draw from my Holsters, and a couple more rules but I follow them. I LOVE Rules in general, It keeps me sane knowing what I can and can’t do in certain places. RESTRICTIONS on the other hand are just asinine, but if you say stand stock still and fire down range a round every (10) seconds, no mag dumping in order to Train that is what I do. I have ‘pleaded’ w/ Bulldog Firearms in Rio Rancho PLEASE! open up a Range!!! Dear God Please! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: I’ll Volunteer as an ‘RO’! sweep up brass whatever.
I have PTS (It ain’t a disorder), I don’t want to get upset BEFORE going to play wondering if Joe Schmuck RO is going to be there. I don’t need that noise. I play well w/ others but when it comes to Guns don’t mess with me. It’s serious business and everyone should take it serious also. Asshats should be Banned.

3 Likes

ran into one of them ‘‘old assclown’’ at an indoor range last year
over bad weather I told my team to stay home due to blizzard conditions
it got real ugly in the messaging to the point I stepped down and left the club
don’t need the nonsense and it escalating into a fight

3 Likes