Gun Myths Debunked: Is it easier to get a drivers license or a gun?

Rolling my eyes has gotten me in trouble in the past when I’ve heard crazy gun myths, especially when I know the person who’s telling me the myth. I think everyone should know that some of these gun myth are bologna, but they don’t. :frowning:

Here are a couple of gun myths debunked.

What gun myths have you heard that make you roll your eyes? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

“You suck, it’s not the gun!” :rofl::rofl::rofl:. My favorite gun myth is “x caliber is just as powerful as y caliber.” Handguns make small holes to leak blood. Outside of a central nervous system hit, very few gunshots are a “1 shot stopper.” That said, bigger bullets make bigger holes. Yes, I went there. :smirk:

4 Likes

A couple gals I shoot with have taken that course. They said it greatly improved their shooting :slight_smile: it’s on my list.

Going with “they didn’t have to kill him, they could have just shot him in the leg”.
Let’s examine that… :face_with_monocle:
Moving target, small target, low percentage as a stop-the-threat target, doesn’t decrease his ability to shoot you.
:thinking:
Um, ok, just going with “NO, not likely to stop the threat”.

4 Likes

I identify my 9mm as the greatest of all time.

#Iwin. :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

2 Likes

@45IPAC. Raise ya a few calibers. lol

8 Likes

I’m going to harass you on this one! Yes, a bigger caliber will make a bigger entry hole, however, there are other factors to consider when you’re discussing “power”. For example, grains and barrel length will play into the “power” of the round. :smiley:
Ya know what I mean.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree. 500 S&W Magnum is the most powerful “handgun”(hand cannon) in the world, but, it’s more than the average shooting can or wants to handle. My tongue in cheek comment comes from the “with modern ammo, 9 is just as effective as .45.” Like 45 hasn’t benefited from new bullet designs, and more ergonomic concealed carry guns. This is leaving aside capacity, and other factors, just “power.” Neither will stop an attacker in one shot, unless put in the grey squishy stuff between the ears. Unless it’s .45, from John Browning’s masterpiece. Those level city blocks, just by chambering a round. :grin:

3 Likes

4 Likes

That’s fascinating, @JKetchem! Where is that from?

1 Like

Goofy internet meme lol An example of those who think certain calibers are the end all be all.

3 Likes

Let’s just go old school then. The 44 caliber cap and ball with conical bullets was considered the most powerful handgun round until the modern magnums came about. That’s my winner in this mine is better then yours party.

2 Likes

But, would it ever “blow your head clean off?”

3 Likes

Don’t know haven’t been shot in the head to figure that out. :laughing:
No I don’t want to get shot by any caliber, once was enough (true story.)

2 Likes