Google ordered to identify users who watched certain YouTube videos

Another reason not to watch youtube or use anything google

5 Likes

Trying to erase another right granted to us by the founding fathers

6 Likes

@R_Jay Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you here with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@R_Jay Welcome to the community, and yep, these attacks of our rights just don’t quit from American anti Rights groups. Who ARE these Activists, don’t they love this Country? They can exercise every Constitutional US Rights like alot of us do, but if they don’t like certain rights (2A) doesn’t mean they can stop others that do exercise those rights. Biden is NO DEMOCRAT. He’s an ACTIVISTS LIBERAL registered as a DEMOCRAT. Everything he’s been doing, since being President, to the American Constitution is deprive American citizens of their rights in many ways, and that’s unconstitutional. He hasn’t upheld his OATH to the US Constitution. This person needs to be voted OUT! Too old and too dangerous for the Country and the American people. Steering the country right off the rails with his eyes wide shut, taking us nowhere fast!

2 Likes

Thats why i dont use utube, i watch videos on Rumble.com.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @R_Jay

1 Like

@R_Jay - Welcome to the Community :handshake:

2 Likes

Doesn’t change a thing…

Users’ identification made by You Tube is only an easy way to obtain the information.
The same information can be obtained if you are watching anything on Rumble. It just takes more time, but result is the same.

Without “Incognito browsing” and VPN you can be tracked at checked with every single video watched, regardless of platform used.

3 Likes

Are you paying attention yet people?

5 Likes

@R_Jay welcome!

@Jerzees “incognito browsing” does not hide your IP, and VPN company knows your IP as well, and will reveal it upon subpoena, but we are not debating merits of anonymyzing tech. When you go to the mall you dont need to wrap yourself in camo and run from cover to cover, nor does the gestapo come to you to demand papers!
What the heck makes “investigators” demand random visitors to a public website? Who in the right mind signed a warrant like this? That is, if a warrant existed and Google didnt immediately turn over private information, like B of A had.

So if a random viewer of a video is a suspect, you bet that a user of anonymizing proxy has full felon status.

2 Likes

I know… that’s why I posted :

not

Details matter :wink:

All “security features” make tracking difficult, but never impossible.

2 Likes

Depends what level of adversary, right? One can and should use services that frustrate snooping by facegoogazon.
But various 3-letter orgs, and people with warrant power will have their way and have had their way since Bell invented the telephone.

3 Likes

It should be mentioned that the videos in question are tutorials on money laundering via cryptocurrency.

It should also be mentioned that there is not, and never has been, such a thing as “privacy” online.

6 Likes

So maybe TODAY the topic being investigated is one you’re ok with. But what about tomorrow when you might want to learn how to grow your own food, reload ammo, communicate with your friends via radios, etc. ? Most things the government does start out as “for our protection” but quickly devolve into another tool to surveil, control and prosecute normal citizens desires. And I believe you SHOULD be able to expect to share information freely without oversight from government. What someone DOES with that info is an entirely different thing.

2 Likes

THIS is true.

1 Like

“I order you to give me those names.”
“Order eh, who does he think he is?”
“I am your king!” :rofl:

6 Likes

And maybe the Earth will crash into the Sun fifteen seconds after you read this. That doesn’t mean it’s likely.
The sooner people realize that crypto is nothing but one huge Ponzi scheme aimed at tech bros, the more at ease everyone else will be.
That’s my two cents’ worth. Save up the change, it might be worth something someday.

3 Likes

I think the issue here is with the day that growing your own food is illegal. Since we are talking about a tutorial video on how to do something illegal.

1 Like

That is BS. Here is a quote from the linked story:

In conversations with users in early January, undercover agents sent links to YouTube tutorials on creating maps using drones and augmented reality software, and gave Google information about who viewed the videos. In total, the video has been viewed more than 30,000 times.

In the court order, the government directs Google to provide the names, addresses, phone numbers, and user activity of all Google account users who accessed YouTube videos from January 1, 2023 to January 8, 2023. It has been shown that The government also wanted IP addresses other than Google.

So using a drone to create a map is illegal? If it is, provide the code section.

4 Likes

Run silent…Run deep…

4 Likes