Goodbye and best wishes to all y’all!

Cheaper too.

3 Likes

@Bill170 I have Apple products and dont have any problems with it. Was never asked for mask recognition. I think it may be an IOS issue. I swear by Apple, never going back!

3 Likes

Well yeah. But the cheapest is what’s already paid for sitting in my pocket now…

4 Likes

I know, forced obsolescence. We’re all victims of a drive by.

1 Like

Are you using an app or something? Should be able to just go to the web page. Shouldn’t need a tech upgrade for a simple webpage.

https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/

1 Like

“ This site will soon remove support for iOS and Safari versions 13 and below - please update your browser”

No app. This message is what shows up for me starting this morning.

Community doesn’t use app. It’s browser based. iOS 13 is obsolete and more and more websites will stop working soon.
It’s like using Windows 7 these days. Seems to be working, no security, but some websites cannot be opened anymore.

1 Like

You should be able to update your browser for free. Just delete your current browser after downloading the new one at the app store. At least, that’s what we androidians do.

2 Likes

“Been looking for a way to reduce my technology dependence anyway! I think the Amish have it figured out more and more frequently”

Perfect! Biden is looking to force us back to the stone age with his energy policies! You’ll feel right at home very soon.

3 Likes

I like to stick to what I know and I learned “smart phone” on apple.

I bite the bullet and let it do IOS updates automatically. I dread the day when my iPhone SE goes belly up! I don’t tend to chase the latest and greatest!

3 Likes

Do we have an IOS guru in the house? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’m assuming you are using an old device that won’t let you update to a later version of IOS? There are a lot of security risks using outdated versions of operating systems on any platform.

I use Apple because they are pretty good on the security and at least pretend to care about users privacy. But it is a bummer when their older devices can no longer be updated. They do have new devices that don’t do the facial recognition thing. I’m using one at the moment.

Anyways your contributions will be missed here. Hope to see you back in the not to distant future. Or we can at least wave hello when you drive by on your Amish buggy:)

3 Likes

Be sure to put small nails in the holes in your alternator after installing new brushes. This way the rotor slides in without disturbing them when you put the two halves of the case back together.

2 Likes

THAT is forced obsolescence. The device has plenty of horsepower. We sent men to the moon and back with less computing power than today’s basic phone. It’s total bullSh#%.

3 Likes

I plead ignorance on Apple phones. Too rich for my blood.

4 Likes

I’m still looking for the holes to put the nails in.

4 Likes

I’m no guru, and I avoid Apple when I can.
But the current version of iOS is 16.x. iOS 13 is from 2019. That probably doesn’t seem like a long time ago, but that’s 3 (free) major upgrades. Software can only stay backwards-compatible for so long before it has to cut bait.

3 Likes

“This is how you make an android.”

6 Likes

But the point is, the hardware has more than enough horsepower to handle the upgrades.

3 Likes

You could also try to load a different browser than Safari (default Apple browser) on the phone. Then use that to continue accessing the interwebs.

5 Likes