Funny hunting story's for this year

As most of you know I am a beginner hunter. I am hunting on private land with a buddy. This morning I was up in my tree stand and I hear a bunch of noise. I’m looking all around. It’s getting louder and louder. I turn around and boom. There he is.

Next thing I know he is yelling at me with some sounds I have never heard a squirrel make. He is running around the tree going nuts. Then I thought about it for a minute… I’m getting custed out by a squirrel. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

25 Likes

Yes sir, they can be quite vocal!

5 Likes

Any recipes for squirrel soup?

4 Likes

I thought that dude was going to bite me. It was crazy. Going nuts. Running back and forth, jumping from one tree back to my tree. I was like aww :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: this things got rabies or something.

7 Likes

I’m cracking up over here at work because I’m sure that’s not the pic of the actual squirrel because if you took that from a tree stand you are good. Anyways you try to catch him next time there’s a good recipe called SKAZ.

5 Likes

That is hilarious! Thank you for the funny story this morning!

4 Likes

I have found that Blue Jays will do the same thing. I really dislike those birds.

5 Likes

@Johnnyq60 yes that is the squirrel that was messing with me. I took that pic over my shoulder. I promise that is the pic I took.

3 Likes

Man you are good brother @Justin47. You should’ve grabbed him. :rofl:

3 Likes

Are you kidding me I was freaking out!!! Not going to lie, I’m a city boy. I didn’t know if that squirrel was poisonous or what. All I know is I was 15 feet in the air with a crazy nut job running around a tree threatening my life!! I had know idea how this was going to end. I lucky to be alive!!

6 Likes

I hear you brother @Justin47 I’m just messing around.

2 Likes

So am I. I know squirrels are not poisonous. But I will say this. I do know some animals get territorial and sometimes we’ll do crazy things to get their point across.
This is a true story that happened this morning and it is a picture of the squirrel.

But I posted this because I think we all need a good laugh.
It’s been hard to laugh this year. I just hope that life goes back to normal soon.

7 Likes

I got a funny squirrel story myself. This didn’t end up funny for the squirrel. Me and my partner from NYPD were walking around Central Park and we saw a young guy luring a squirrel towards the bench where he sat. He hit him with a stick and put him in a paper bag and walked off.

4 Likes

Back when was younger, I use to go squirrel hunting all the time. I shot this fox squirrel and the sucker started chasing me, I’m walking backwards, kind of fast and shooting with my 22 rifle. Finely he stopped and then became dinner. AT THE TIME HE KIND OF LOOKED LIKE THIS…IN MY MINDimage

8 Likes

Wow, at least my squirrel was cute. :rofl:

5 Likes

You win the internet today, @Justin47!

4 Likes

@Dawn my wife said if I was on Twitter or facechat or whatever, she said that would have gone virtual or something I can’t remember what she said. I think she means popular but I don’t know

3 Likes

A long, looong time ago in a forest far, far away, when I first started hunting. a cousin of mine made a shot of a lifetime.
It was my cousin’s second year hunting he was set up by a tree and told to watch a very narrow ravine between two large rocks that the runway came out of.
It took the drivers a while to get into place and start the drive. It was always hard to sit still while waiting.
My cousin got it into his head to walk around a bit and ended up halfway down the ravine and he heard the drivers start hollering and he dropped down on one knee and waited no more then a minute and here come the deer.
A small buck was in the lead with several behind him, my cousin was so rattled he couldn’t fire until the buck slammed into him and the gun went off.
When the drivers go to him he was still laying on the ground with blood all over him and the deer laying on top of him shot thru the heart and scorched hair at the entry wound.
He ended up with several bruises on his hip, right shoulder and lower legs and a cut on his face, and he was sore for a few days.
OMG we had to stop hunting for the day as everyone was laughing so hard and we all pitched in to have the small 6 point mounted in a chest mount so you could see the bullet wound, the taxidermist laughed as hard as we did and had his picture taken with my cousin when he picked up the mount.
Lesson learned-Listen to the experienced hunters and stay where you are put. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10 Likes

Lmao!
My old hunting buddy was hunting about 1,000 yards from me… my stand was closer to where we parked so I was already set. I heard the worst noises I ever heard in my life shortly after I settled in… 10 minutes later here comes norm telling me to wrap it up I’m going home… he said there was a bobcat in the tree he was climbing and he was positive there wasn’t a deer within five miles and he needed to wipe his butt and get a drink of Wild Turkey :joy:… R.I.P. Stormn Norman.

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don’t drink whiskey but I would have that day.

5 Likes