Funny hunting story's for this year

Is that a finger bitten off yours at the fanged squirrel’s foot?

4 Likes

Our son has a dog by the name of Cassie, who obviously can spot a squirrel in a tree, what, a hundred yards away. Cassie would sit under the tree until our son Billy, fires a round. No hit, Cassie would remain on point. We have never seen a dog, like Cassie, that loved to hunt squirrels.

Thanks for the story there “city boy”…I was once a city boy, too.

8 Likes

You might have been near the nest. Maybe baby squirrels.

3 Likes

A friend hunted deer for years and decided to go hunt elk. A big 7X8 bull stepped out and he shot it and it went down, His buddy went to take a picture of it with his rifle stuck in the antlers when it jolted to life threw him away and the elk bolted through the woods never to be seen again, with the rifle in its antlers. We believe he grazed it in the head and the flash startled it. There is a picture of it but, nobody gets to see it being a total embarrassment to him. Only by his buddy did I get to hear this story. I thought I would just share it.
They searched the next day hoping to just find the rifle but to no avail. That is what your would call a cool gun rack.

9 Likes

I bet a shed hunter in the next March had another story to tell.

8 Likes

And Mocking birds will do it too. Years ago I had a Toyota Tundra I was trying to sell so I parked it close to the ditch next to my yard with a For Sale sign on it in hopes that people that stopped at the 4 way stop just 20 feet from the truck would see it and might be interested in buying it. The next morning I looked at the truck and a Mocking bird was sitting on the drivers side view mirror admiring himself all the while taking a dump on the mirror and the door. I got my BB gun and tried to pick him off the mirror but quickly realized I could break the mirror if the BB hit it. So I went out to the truck and shood the bird away. Next time I saw him he was sitting in a tree close to where the truck was parked and yelling at me. He was so mad his feathers were flying all over the place. I took aim with the ole BB gun again and knocked him out of the tree. He hit the ground and ran out the front yard, across the street to the neighbors house and their cat jumped on him. That was the end of that bird.

7 Likes

Wow brother I’m busting out laughing over here. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Did you squirrel yourself out of his way ???

4 Likes

He was telling you that the tree was private property, too.

5 Likes

Well I figured it’s me or the squirrel, so I started barking at him… Yeah I know I probably scared the deer off.

Lol oh I know. I got the squirrel book out and translated what he said. Let me tell you. It wasn’t very nice. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

My son had a funny hunting incident a few years back while squirrel hunting with his papaw. My son shot a squirrel and it fell to the ground but was not dead yet. He waited a minute or two before approaching the squirrel. As he began toward it a big red tail hawk swooped down above his head and took off with his squirrel. All he could do was holler at his papaw asking what the heck was that.

4 Likes

Yes, I have had that happen to me also.

4 Likes

@preacher81 Happy 1 year anniversary. :us:

3 Likes

@Daniel206 Welcome to the community, we are glad you are here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

3 Likes

@Daniel206.
Welcome To The Community
cobra
Train Hard and Stay Safe

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

You didn’t soil your drawers did you?

3 Likes

Were you there? You know that he was wearing drawers? :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ummmm are you suppose to wear draws under a Gilly suit? :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:

4 Likes