Federal Register Publishes DOJ’s New Stealth Universal Background Check Rule

The Biden Department of Justice, under cover provided by John Cornyn’s disastrous Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, has moved to vastly expand the definition of people who are considered by ATF to be “engaged in the business” of selling guns. It’s a not-so-stealthy move toward backdoor “universal” background checks and closing the alleged “gun show loophole.”

The proposed rule was published in the Federal Register today, which officially opens the requisite 90-day public comment period.
You can read the full rule and comment
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/09/08/2023-19177/definition-of-engaged-in-the-business-as-a-dealer-in-firearms

5 Likes

Remember Pelosi’s statement “We have to pass it to find out what’s in it”?

They will twist this bastard of a document to fit their needs. I wonder how many bureaucrats they hired to write this gem.

6 Likes

“Backdoor” describes the DOJ and Biden Administration very well. They are not about making America “safer” but more about CONTROL!

It angers me at times that I gave 20 years of my life to serve my country so these dingbats can ignore the Constitution.

13 Likes

A grateful nation of real Americans thanks you for your service!

12 Likes

Hello, welcome, and thank you for your service :us: @Dave145

9 Likes

I swore an oath to protect the Constitution,not those dumb asses.Yes rotates my crank too…I’m with you.

10 Likes

@Dave145 welcome to our group here. We’re glad you’ve joined us, and thank you for all the years of service. You will find grateful patriots here. Its a good place.

7 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community @Dave145! Glad to have you here! Thank you for your service!

6 Likes

Welcome to our Community sir. We are very glad to have you!

6 Likes

I took the same oath in 1988,
and to @Dave145 welcome to the group
even though I can’t move like I used to. my wheelchair :man_in_motorized_wheelchair: is really fast and off road capable

7 Likes

Lots of good folks here @Dave145 and welcome to the club.

7 Likes

Took the oath in 1976, I haven’t taken any oath to change that.

7 Likes

After abusing my body in USAF CCT for 10 years I don’t move like I used to. And now at 68 it is really catching up with me.

I was never relieved of my oath to defend the US from all enemies foreign and domestic, so it still applies.

4 Likes

A grateful nation of REAL Americans thanks you for your service. :saluting_face:

5 Likes