Encountering anti-gun agenda in education

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/childrens-schools-pushing-anti-gun-agenda/

Beth describes a very frustrating situation at a friend’s child’s school. I love how the concerned mom quoted said she’d handle it.

How would you address the situation?

2 Likes

Principal, school board, teacher, all need a talking to. Because that’s the teacher being abusive to the students, as well as being biased and pushing an agenda.
Previous experience with firearms is an excellent inoculation against future assaults on both emotion and thinking by people in authority. If what you know firsthand is different than what they’re pushing, it’s much easier to spot and to apply your common sense to.

2 Likes

The school doesn’t raise a child the school doesn’t teach firearm safety. Put your child in a hunters education class. And do your job as a parent and teach your own kids about handling and using a weapon. If the school is anti gun great. Doesn’t change the fact that I’m still a responsible parent to teach my kids gun safety. It all happens at home. The school should focus on training for an active shooter and education academics instead. The schools are to quick to waste valuable learning time on a subject they feel they need to incorporate in their academic agenda.

1 Like

My full time job is a public school administrator. My passion outside of work is firearms and I am a certified instructor. I can tell you how I run my building. Each year i address my faculty and staff and stress the importance of teaching standards, not ideology. It is our job to present facts not opinion and allow students to come to their own opinions. And yes, that goes both ways, I do not hide my love of shooting but it also isn’t what I’m there for. Where I live I actually catch more flack for not going the other direction from the situation presented, but again, pushing ideologies isn’t our business, education students is our business. I’m not going to answer in detail how I would handle that particular teacher, but I will say this; there is a process in place and it would be dealt with.

3 Likes

Tho my kids are very young and only one in school right now. We decided private school was best for everyone in our family. We vented the school and after his first year there couldn’t be happier. I’ve heard too many horror stories of public schools pushing ideology.

I completely understand where @Peter is coming from. Alot of people expect the school to raise their kids. Personally I’ll raise my kids but part of that is choosing who gets to influence their lives and school has a big influence in a kids life.

3 Likes

Since our son was 5, we have taught him firearm safety. We included handling and maintenance as he got older, but always focused on safety. We did this with airsoft guns, police training versions of handguns, shotguns, and rifles, so they had 1:1 approximate weight, and as close as they can come in operation, magazine loading and ejection, racking the slide or the shotgun, operating a bolt action and semi auto rifle, all of that, practiced and taught in what we felt was the safest manner. Our thought always was, we can’t control what happens when he is at a friend’s house, or with my ex during shared custody time, so I wanted my son to have the clearest understanding of gun safety as early as possible so he didn’t get hurt from someone else screwing up.

1 Like

The “teacher” in the story goes beyond the absurd! There was so much wrong with that story even beyond telling it to a group of students. I fear that Academia has gone farther and farther left and no long are teaching facts but indoctrinating our children. And this goes through to college (even more so in college) and in to graduate and professional schools.
Vanderbilt Law School, after Clinton’s loss in the 2016 election, closed because the students and teachers were so upset. This is the university founded by Commodore Vanderbilt that does not recognize Labor Day as a holiday because it Vanderbilt opposed unionization. I heard him clawing to get out of his grave when news reached him of the reason for the closure.

3 Likes

There were Kids on a field trip at the place I was at and among the students was a person with the students, a guy crossed dressed. That is all I will say!

3 Likes

Digging deeper below the anti-gun propaganda, here is a teacher who is supposed to be teaching English, but is pushing horror on the students and robbing them of the chance to think critically. When you ask students to consider a complex story and then tell them that they’re wrong, they learn to stop analyzing situations from different perspectives and simply regurgitate what they think the teacher wants. This isn’t just anti-gun stupidity, it’s bad teaching.

4 Likes