Do you flinch?

Yes I did flinch as would you when something fast and unexpected happens like in this instance. It’s like that game when someone is standing in front of you and fakes throwing a punch your reaction would be to flinch to block what’s coming at you.

1 Like

And then everyone else stands around and laughs at you, as though you were supposed to stand there and do nothing when someone made a threatening gesture.

I guess I should amend my earlier answer. “What? Flinch? Me? No, never. I’m a man.”

2 Likes

The laser light is showing and telling. With the movement to the left it is showing that the trigger pull is moving the hand. This is to common of a problem for shooters. The trigger pull should be all about the finger and not the hand or wrist. You need to isolate your finger when pulling back on the trigger.

5 Likes

He’s obviously slapping the trigger. Even more pronounced on the smaller pistols grips where it’s hard to get a lot of purchase. Also cracks me up as he attempts to blame the alignment.

2 Likes

one of my errors is I tend to push more then flinch…

and I know I pushed when the hole appears low and left…

2 Likes

I’m embarrassed to admit this, but every trip to the range, on the first trigger pull, I flinch. Not after that, just on the first shot. Don’t know what that’s all about …

4 Likes

Every time we went to the field and fired the first round down range It felt like I jumped 5 feet in the air. If you’ve never been on the gun line in and 8” battery you’ll never understand the power and startling noise of a Charge 5 White Bag explosion forcing a 208 lbs HE round down range.

2 Likes

The antithesis… I just watched Catch 22 (again), and was thinking of the scene where Cathcart and Milo are discussing eggs as they walk down the runway. Not a stir, not a flinch as the B-25 comes barreling in and crashes and burns.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s because BANG!!!

2 Likes

:rofl: That’s it! I know the “bang” is coming. I’ve experienced the recoil thousands of times. I’ve got hearing protection.
There are guns firing all around me. Yet I STILL flinch.

3 Likes

I’m right there with you. Especially if I’m in a booth at an indoor range.

3 Likes

that xds/laser vid…I can sympathize. I use an ITargetpro laser trainer, and am quite steady with 6 of my 7 9mm pistols, Glock 19, 17, 43, P80 19 clone and 19frame/17 slide, and Beretta M9…the P80 G26 clone on the other hand really requires work to keep the laser steady in my hands. Small fat grip seems to make this one harder to keep steady. Ironically, at the range shooting live ammo, I do just fine with it, attaining imo, overachiever status :wink:

As far as flinching…last goose attack, I threw a punch…no flinch. I then went all gangsta’ on the goose, asking if he wanted to try again, up on my toes, puffed out chest and hurling a few expletives…I then realized there were a few families walking the lake, and it might be best if I simply denied the prior 10 seconds of my life.

2 Likes

I was going to say much of the same about being a catcher. But it only takes a season or two in another position before you lose the edge and will drop a few balls before getting back in the groove. At least for me.

2 Likes

Mine were all in the face mask. I think bets were placed😀

2 Likes