Disabilities; eyes tremor walking

disabilities; eyes tremor walking who here is getting younger?

4 Likes

I need reading glasses now. They are so inconvenient but the wife thinks they make me look cute.

5 Likes

@Fizbin So do I! Now guess which sentence I am referring to? Lol.

3 Likes

Getting older? Phhhhfffttt

I’m 22 with 30 years of experience. Now both my kids are older than I am :astonished:

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

Hmmmm, CRS takes over. Cheater glasses. Set in ways…ie dont like change. Smart phone smarter than I. Kids smarter (at least they think they are). So why do I, and probably everyone else think they and I are 30 in our minds? How can that be. Another unexplained phenomenon.

4 Likes

@Craig38 Only @Craig6 is getting younger :slight_smile: Plenty of physical age issues that can be handled in self-defense situations. Would I want to go 10 rounds with a 20 something in martial arts? Not particularly. Old dogs can learn. Wisdom also comes into play…

1 Like

I have a serious question it’s nothing to do with eye tremors I had lost my fingers on my right hand which is my dominant hand due to a saw mill accident on my birthday last year I have half a index finger and my thumb that’s all I have to shoot left handed now what will help me shoot better

1 Like

You and practicing what works for you.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

@Craig6 is right. Practice and more practice. Get your muscle memory afixed to your new dominant hand. And, sorry to hear about your accident. If you don’t mind me asking, what happened? I’m always asking people that way I learn from what they did.

I knew a dude who lost an eye once. I asked him, his answer, a bundgy cord snapped, and put his eye out. From that day forward I always look away when installing bundgy cords.

2 Likes

Ok thank you

Welcome to the family brother Craig, God bless you.

I developed a non-correctable vision problem in my dominant eye that causes some difficulties with handgun sights. So I got myself a Laserlyte practice pistol and target. The pistol sits in my office, and every now and then I would grab it and take a shot at the target, sighting with my non-dominant eye. Now I shoot completely and without thinking using my non-dominant and perfectly good eye. I could have just gone with a red dot and kept using my dominant eye, but that would have limited which guns I could shoot accurately. This solved the problem for all handguns. I can always go to optics later should age further degrade my vision.

I would do the same thing if my right hand became unusable. In fact, I really should practice weak hand much more than I have lately. You never know when a temporary injury, let alone something more permanent, will put your strong hand out of commission.

3 Likes

I was working at a saw mill in Pennsylvania I told the guy I was working with to hold up so I can load up the table with wood and had to push the wood down he started cutting fast and wasn’t paying attention and pulled the saw down on my hand and cut my fingers off I stopped my own bleeding and my blood pressure was 126/80 when I got to the hospital he didn’t realize he cut my fingers off if I didn’t move my hand when I did I would of lost my hand I lost 15 bones out of 27 in my right hand

1 Like

So, be sure the other guy knows what’s going on. At work there are a handful of safety things like that which we have. Never walk or drive anything in back of a loader, never flip an electrical breaker on unless asking everyone why it is off, never unclog the riding mower blades with the engine on even if the blades aren’t engaged, never weedwhack without safety glasses on.

I bet there were rules and of course just common sense with that guy. It’s the same with the safety rules handling firearms. My policy on long rifles, don’t set or grab it from the back seat when someone is at the rear door on the other side of the vehicle grabbing something or putting something away.

1 Like

Man brother I am really sorry about what happened to you and pray for healing upon you. Maybe the other guy should have been more careful and stopped that saw or maybe he didn’t hear you.

1 Like

I’m doing pretty good I can still fish and hunt like I did before just have to place my hand a different way or have a pistol grip but it didn’t break my spirit or my determination

8 Likes

Good for you @Daniel145. It’s all about attitude. Years back my best friend was working on getting his push mower started. He placed the mower on two sawhorses to make it easier to service the engine. He got the mower started and then, for a lack of a better term, “lost his presence of mind” and went to pick the mower up to set it down.
Unfortunately he lost 7 fingers and his knee needed to be replaced. He said it was totally against everything he knew, but just made a huge mistake. We could all be that guy.

Back to the original topic. After speaking with my eye doctor, who knows I carry, she ordered some daily wear multifocal contact lenses for me. They have vastly improved my ability to focus on my sites and then quickly to the target. I NEVER thought I could wear contacts. The thought of touching my eyes was not an option. But I got past that obviously.

4 Likes

Why do I receive AARP member invitations in the mail?

You’ll be surprised at what you’ll learn you’re capable of.
See if you can find encouragement from the life of the Def Leppard drummer who, “overcame the amputation of his left arm in 1984 and continued to play with the band, which subsequently went on to its most commercially successful phase.”

2 Likes