Did she defend herself?

She claimed she was attacked by her husband, who is an experienced Martial Artist. She has an injury that would seem to back up her claim he tried to choke her. But still, she ends up under arrest because “Unified police determined the shooting did not meet the elements of self-defense”. I’m sure we don’t know the whole story here but it does have to make one wonder…

5 Likes

@Mike164 >> Seems fishy to me. > seems to me choking someone is a pretty sloppy move for a pro to use.
:us::us::us:

5 Likes

Misleading headline gave me the wrong impression that the wife went to her husband’s workplace.

at the martial arts studio where the couple lived and worked

4 Likes

Choking is quite common in domestic violence. It’s a form of domination rather than purely to cause injury.
As there is a history of DV in that relationship it seems like we’re short on details. As is usual in news articles.

5 Likes

@BeanCounter @NATHANIEL21 >> good catch. 1) I thought she went to him that would be strike #1 but you would also assume that they were cohabitating in one place as husband and wife

1. I also definitely agree with the aggression domination regarding choking but { would some one so highly trained revert back to instinct } :question: >>ILL SAY Yes.
    May be Vinny can help.
3 Likes

Guessing choking someone would leave marks or bruising not a scratch on the chin.

4 Likes

That would seem likely, also she somehow managed to get away from him and retrieve the handgun before shooting him? The report also states that the calls to the house in the past were only related to arguments, nothing physical. It would seem if she were able to get away and retrieve a firearm, going back and pointing the firearm at him would not be wise, and not be self-defense. Well, it will now be up to a jury to decide her fate; she already decided his.

4 Likes

Not nearly enough information to tell.

5 Likes

She had enough time to get fetch a firearm she had enough time to call 911. Looks odd to me

6 Likes