Chevy rejects wokeness in Christmas commercial, tugs at heartstrings of...

If ^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^ doesn’t give you hope for this Wonderful Country…
If ^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^ makes you CRY!
If ^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^makes you WANT to go out and buy/Support Chevrolet!
YOU are a TRUE Blue, Red Blooded AMERICAN!

God bless AMERICA and ALL you Wonderful Americans!
Bring the Tissues!

Merry Christmas to ALL!
We’re going to make it!

Where We Go 1 We Go All!
No Step on Snek!

20 Likes

Well, I know @BobbyJean and I have old Chevys in common! I love those ads, and old Chevys. I think I’ve owned a Chevy among my fleet for about 40 years now. My current one I’ve had for over 26 years and put a half million miles on it. My boat has a Chevy engine in it, too.

Chevy sends me nice stuff now and then to honor my ancient truck and long time with them.

7 Likes

I’ve had at least one Chevy since I started driving 55 years ago. I had a Camaro for about 17 years that I gave my son when he turned 16. I’ve had trucks, Impalas Chevelles Camaros Vans. Always partial to GM, Chevy in particular. My Dad always had Chevys also.

6 Likes

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing this.

5 Likes

I have been a ford guy since 75 when I bought my first pickup, an f100 4x4 but when ford came out with pride trucks I said never again so thanks for the heads-up about Chevy, I thought they went woke also.

6 Likes

Wonder if the advertisers at Bud Light ever watch Chevy commercials?

6 Likes

Oh my. Amazing commercial. So beautifully done. I needed two tissues.
We might have to trade in our F150 for a Chevy.

5 Likes

I SERIOUSLY doubt it Brother, The Woke don’t do Heart-strings…

Just wanted to say something else to you Folks. I’m not advocating Buy Love Chevrolet.
This was PURLY showcasing SOMEBODY (a company) that believes old time Values, Americana, Family
and Country, I also Loved the subtle showcasing of their current line while NOT sticking it in your face.
The camera glancing @ the Newer SUV’s (in one instance the daughter bought a new truck because of the love her father had for Chevy. The Restore shoppe had that '56 Bel-air and others out front.
You don’t have to ASSAULT the buyer w/ LBGQT Santa’s and Nutcrackers w/ Rainbow flags and Gay Reindeer or Bud w/ a Freak on the product…

Just mi dos Pesos

Lastly, I’ve been a Ford mustang guy for the past (20) years, GT’s, Rousch and (1) SHELBY.
I owned a Chevy ‘SS’ White w/ Orange Stripes convertible Camaro I sold before going to WAR
Now I have a Limey Jag and have owned (3) Nissan Xterra’s (for work)
I loved them all.
Chevrolet just seems to one of the only rare companies NOT buying into the Puddin’s DEI Garbage
(and the ad’s made me feel great)

Nessun passo sul serpente

5 Likes

I saw a poster once at the Chevy dealer that showed the classic 6 tail lights of an Impala, and it said, “They don’t write songs about Volvos.”

I do think they’ve always done a good job of understanding their main market and the Americans who buy them.

For all the years I’ve owned Chevys, though, one of my favorite vehicles I’ve owned was an 84 F250 HD 4x4. It was built like a tank, and with a 300" bullstproof straight 6, and low axle gearing, with no overdrive, it was slower than a tank, but for what it did, it was unbeatable.

8 Likes

Yes Brother Joseph,
You won’t hear many songs about lovin’ a 'Lectric cars either anytime soon… maybe…

‘Where the next damn chargin’ station?
This thing is slower than a Toaster
Do you smell something burning?
A Road Runner just flew past me!
I need a new battery already but I don’t have $25,000!
I’m an Idiot!
by 'Lectric Light Orchestra posibly? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: CLASSIC! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:But you can fit (4) in my side of the Garage! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Plug it in, Plug it in! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s why old duffer’s like me reminisce about songs, Bands, Cars (TV commercials…who have thought)?
Now…(Where’s my Assault 'Lectric rocking chair?)

But I understood Roger Taylor’s QUEEN song: ‘I’m in love with my car!’ that one I got right away!

have a Great day!

3 Likes

:us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us

4 Likes

Agree with you completely. I’m not a Chevy fan (dad and grandpa are), but I love the commercials and applaud the values they promote: true American family values.

3 Likes

Chevy trucks cure dementia? I thought they were the cause of it. :rofl:

3 Likes

So does Chevy have any history of going woke that anyone knows of? Ever since Ford did that pride commercial I have been wondering. I figured all the big guys had gone woke by now. Or maybe Ford really was just coming out of the closet…

3 Likes

I REALLY don’t think so Brother.
I think if you look back a bunch of years (on You tube)
they consistently have created ‘Family’
‘Country, Respectful’ ad’s that say ‘We are Not buying this DEI Crap!’
‘The Heart beat of America’ use to be their slogan
Decent Solid , Made in the USA Vehicles.
I’m not a Chevrolet diehard, But I 'd buy One now.

3 Likes

I had Nancy watch it, I gave her 2 Kleenex, she used both. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

It is a nicely designed add. But how exactly is not “woke?”

I have always bought chevys. Besides seeing how much less maintenance was required in the company fleet sold me years ago.

I boycot Ford because of their support for the Nazis.

4 Likes

Thanks for that. Always been a Chevy man and they did that commercial beautifully. Lost several grandparents from Alzheimer’s disease so that really tugged at the heart strings.

5 Likes

I would repeat my question.
Why is this considered not “woke?”