Castle doctrine

A friend of mine is panning a mover to the state of Missouri and wondering if it is a stand your ground state , and where I can find that info. as I type I see that Castle doctrine and Stand your ground are different Thanks Don 2

1 Like

Hi @Don2 welcome to the group, and welcome to your friend from Firearms Friendly Missouri!
I’ll post a couple links, but yes, we are castle doctrine, stand your ground, and constitutional carry. It’s pretty awesome.
The big inner cities have violence issues but as long as you stay to the country side or smaller towns, it doesn’t get much better than MO

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/mo-gun-laws/

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Welcome to the Community, @Don2! @Zee is a font of information for you regarding MO!

1 Like

Missouri is very “user friendly” when it comes to self defense laws. Castle Doctrine is in force on your property or in your vehicle and there is no duty to retreat.

The use of force to defend one’s self is justified when the person believes there is a certain risk of death, or great physical harm. This also applies when someone is trying to break into an occupied vehicle or home. There is no duty to treat inside one’s home or vehicle.

What is Castle Doctrine?

Castle Laws are laws that address the use of force when defending one’s self inside their home, or on their property. Some states expand this to vehicles, and the person’s place of work. Castle Laws generally include: the places where this law applies, the requirements fro use of deadly force, if there is a duty to retreat, the amount of force that maybe used in defending one’s self or others. These vary widely from state to state.

1 Like

I’ve never used gunlaws101 before. The USCCA Reciprocity Map is updated continually by our awesome legal eagle in the office. The latest updates dates are listed at the top of each state page:

and if you click that button it takes you to the list of update at the bottom of the page so you can see what changed:

I might be bias, but it’s a pretty kick-butt resource if you ask me!
www.uscca.com/laws

1 Like

Glad I live in a state that understands the basic rights of its citizens. Missouri Rocks.

2 Likes

Yes. Yes It Does. That’s why we live there too

2 Likes

It definitely is, I just used the first reliable one that came up on google. HA!

1 Like

Lived in MO for 9 years. Loved it. I am sure you will as well

1 Like