BREAKING: White House Releases Initial Gun Control Executive Actions

When the subject of invading the U. S. came up, Admiral Yamamoto - the mastermind of Pearl Harbor - said that it was impractical. There would be someone with a gun inside every building, behind every door, in every window. The attacks on our west coast and Alaska caused casualties and damage, but were essentially exercises in futility.

1 Like

So if the Supreme Court gets packed, is there a way to unpack it later?

I am glade to hear it. It is time someone did something instead of talking. Hope Texas tries the same thing. Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

It would create a snowball effect. The next time the Republicans were in control, they would add more. Then the Dems would and so on, until the Supreme Court was as big as the Senate.

Hey @KillJoy, I don’t know in what America this woman lives, but we’ve had black, Latino, and other families in our close rural community for years. No problems. Everyone gets along.
This was once an all white farming area. In the last 40 years many new people have moved in to our community.

1 Like

Quoted with permission from Sir Moose, a frequent poster of a pipe smoker’s forum I frequent:

"It all sounds ridiculous when you apply it to other rights:

You must pass a background check before you can speak freely.
You must be 21 years of age to speak freely.
If you have ever, in your entire life, been convicted of a felony, you may not speak freely.
If you have ever, in your entire life, been convicted of a crime involving a breach of trust, you may not speak freely. You also may not be in possession of writing utensils, computers, ink, recording equipment, telephones, walkie-talkies, or any other tools that may be used to transmit speech.
Because of their ability to transmit large volumes of speech to countless people, you may not use a computer unless
• Your local law enforcement affirms you are of good character
• You pay a $200 tax
• You register your computer
• You don’t take your computer across state lines without government permission
• You understand that even if you follow all the rules, you will be stigmatized for using the computer.
All writing utensils, recording systems, telephones, etc. must be secured in a way that prevents unauthorized usage. Also, they must all be registered with the government.
You may not speak freely outside your home without a license. You can only get a license if you show good cause, above and beyond the general population, why you should be able to speak freely.
If somebody who knows you thinks you are a bad influence, they may report you to the government, who will then come and take away all your writing utensils, recording systems, telephones, etc. without warning. To object, you must engage in a lengthy court battle. You may not acquire any replacement utensils, etc. until the court case has been resolved.
A government bureaucracy will issue vague and confusing guidelines on what is acceptable speech, will change the guidelines randomly and without warning, and will enforce their latest interpretation of the latest guidelines retroactively.
There are significant limitations on the alterations you can make to your writing utensils to make them more ergonomic.
No matter what, some people will insist that your free speech is limited to face-to-face speaking and the use of a quill and ink. They will also insist that your free speech may only be conducted as part of an organized, government run information campaign.
Violations of free speech laws will result in criminal prosecution."

5 Likes

I am shaking in my pants. You are describing something akin to targeting a big anthill, one ant at a time. Now, I got to warn you - if you indeed receive an email or text, demanding you and family come, with 1 item of luggage, for permanent resettlement to Auschwitz - you ignore that, ok?
Asking US banks to cancel 100 000 000 accounts? LOL! Will banks refuse to receive future loan payments? That’s suicide for the entire banking industry.
Asking corporations to fire 100 000 000 employees? LOL!
Electricity, smart meters, right? Visit your local ghetto, see where they have the smart meters.
As far as truly digital Gulag - informational isolation in the 21st century, come on, it is impossible.
Got to stop childish fears and defeatism. Tyranny doesnt work in the 21st century, even in countries with long tradition of tyranny.

1 Like

The point is to be prepared. Just like carrying your weapon. The world was warned about Hitler also and no one took him serious. Complete control is what Biden and his crew are working toward. If they can require you to have a virus passport for flying to different countries then what other controls are they working toward? I agree we need to stand up for our constitutional rights. At the moment most of what I hear from the news is our leaders giving lip service. I am glad to hear that a couple of states are standing up against gun confiscation and control. I am 85 now and spent 20 years in the military. Never thought I would live to see us on the edge of living under a communist form of government. Hope you have a wonderful day.

6 Likes

Now, now, the Founding Fathers had the printing press :wink:

And in today’s world, that little discrepancy justifies liberal “fact checkers” to dismiss the entire text as invalid. In the sane world, however, excellent argument!

2 Likes

Did you read anything in there about health, legal, or intellectual “minimum qualifications?” No, you did not. Only age, gender, and citizenship status. Simple reason: minimum standards are raised/lowered based on supply and demand (ie “needs of the Corps,” Marine) A DQ in 1942-44 was not the same as a DQ in 1984 or 2004; not even the same as 1945. You don’t codify in law what you may want to change quickly to fit evolving circumstances.

2 Likes

Thanks for that reminder…

2 Likes

@Ken38 Good research. Thank you. South Carolina would make every citizen who is legally qualified to own a gun (not just the ones who already own guns) part of the UNORGANIZED militia. This is not a standing militia, but a qualification of the entire citizenry to be able to be called up to service when needed as citizen members of the militia of the state. No additional qualifications would be needed since every citizen, except the ones who opt out, would be operating under the state’s orders.
Think about this. It’s a militia answerable only to our own state’s needs and desires. If response is needed to unconstitutional federal intervention, we have a HUGE body of militia to stand our ground.

4 Likes

CNN has fact checked Biden’s statements about gun control and gun deaths and has called him a liar on many points.
WOW!
The Washington Post has issued Biden a 4 Pinocchio rating.
Imagine that.

5 Likes

Sounds good to me. Have a wonderful Sunday.

1 Like

FYI, the Texas State Guard (1 of 3 constitutional branches of the Texas Military Department) is organized into Civil Affairs units. It’s largest mission is to provide a rapid “advance force” for mass mobilization of the unorganized militia in Texas. It’s most common mission is support of mass evacuation efforts. They do several other things, and are divided into littoral/amphib naval and land-based emergency response specializations.

Sec. 431.071. MILITARY DUTY. (a) The reserve militia is not subject to active military duty, except that the governor may call into service the portion of the reserve militia needed for the period required in case of war, insurrection, invasion or prevention of invasion, suppression of riot, tumult, or breach of peace or to aid civil officers to execute law or serve process.

(b) The governor may assign members of the reserve militia who are called into service to existing organizations of the state military forces or organize them as circumstances require.

Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 147, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1987.

Sec. 431.073. DRAFT. (a) The governor, by order to the county emergency board, shall apportion the number of members of the reserve militia called into service among the counties by draft according to each county’s population or by other means the governor directs. The county emergency board shall establish fair and equitable procedures for selection of persons to fill the draft according to regulations adopted by the governor. On completion of the selection, the board shall deliver a list of the persons selected to the governor and notify each person selected of the time and place to appear and report.

(b) A member of the reserve militia while in active service is a member of the state military forces under Section 432.001(16), and is subject to the punitive provisions of Chapter 432. A member who does not appear at the time and place designated by the county emergency board shall be punished as a court-martial directs.

Texas already has their bases covered, but has always avoided conflict with the Feds by keeping the Texas State Guard “unarmed.” This is sort of like all those CSA units designated as Cavalry (Dismounted) during the Civil War. Texas has a little different plan for ensuring the Feds cannot disarm TX, and has a history of resisting disarmament attempts by national governments successfully…on the ground in battle.

gonzales flag

3 Likes

I have always enjoyed target shooting, self-defense was not a consideration as a child.

2 Likes

Thank you for this important bit of information. I have lived in Texas for the last 22 years and for 6 years when in the military. I have never heard or read this before. Good for the USCCA Community. Hope you have a wonderful day.

3 Likes

Just a note to everybody. The Texas State Guard does not issue weapons to troops from what I’ve been told.

Don’t celebrate just yet. It may just be to turn opinion against him so he can be replaced with Kamala.

4 Likes