Best video That you saw in a while

1 Like

This information on self defense can cause serious injury or death, but can save you from injury or death.
@Mike164 please jump in.

That guy is fixin to get beat up. Open up your entire body by using both hands to elbow my right fist and ignore the left fist right foot left foot left knee right knee…?

1 Like

We actually use some of those but again, if all you do is watch a YouTube and then go out on the street thinking this stuff is easy you may find yourself in a terrible predicament. We train with a gal that is a Sheriffs Officer, so far I am the only one that has successfully been able to tap her with an RNC, she simply has a weird neck that makes it tough to get to the carotid arteries.

1 Like

There are Krav variants of these. I actually like this guy, we’ve used some of his stuff in our classes.

1 Like

Never been a real fan of Dillman.

1 Like

@Mike164 > Thanks for the feedback, there are definitely things the average person can use. That’s what I tried to show. Some of the simple strikes can do the job. We know what has worked for us.
Thanks Mr. Mike

1 Like

I wonder why the “ear slap” is never shown as a viable technique. I remember ABC reporter John Stossel being knocked down by a bounty hunter-turned pro wrestler in 1984, when he was interviewing him.
Stossel sued him, and continued to have hearing and balance problems over the years. Ask any boxers. mma fighters, or martial arts people how effective it can be, or if they’ve been struck in sparring or practice by accident. The first time I saw this was when the Gorn captain tried to crush Kirk in a bear-hug on Star Trek, and got me wondering.

2 Likes

Yea for some reason “Open Hand” techniques seem to be over looked in todays McDojo world. I like open hand stuff, heel palm, slap, flick… One of the main advantaged is it helps to protect your hands, closed hand strikes can damage bones and ligaments in the hand, You do need to be carful with open hand, a miss and you bend or jamb the hell out of your fingers.

1 Like

I’ve seen dozens of techniques - even throwing a drink or a handful of change in someone’s face - and using a pen, keys, or a pocket comb - in self-defense courses/videos. I’d like to see more of them aimed at old farts like me, and in vulnerable positions - sitting, having to use a cane or walker, etc. More hammer-fist moves, too, to protect fingers and knuckles. If I’m assaulted, I expect to be blind-sided or sucker-punched, leading to a beat-down.

1 Like

This got me started ( 1966 USMC ) play for keeps not for fun.

** WORKED FOR ME

1 Like